PDA

View Full Version : So neat!!

Asue
01-31-2006, 01:39 PM
Hey! Mikey will lay on his back.... sorta!!
I sometimes hold him, (my palm against his back and wings pinned to the body), so I can get him back into the cage without any escape attempts.
I slowly flipped him over, and he didn't really object at all. He will do this if I let him grasp my fingers. I'm gonna try to teach him to play dead! :D

Janie
01-31-2006, 04:17 PM
Cute! :) One of mine will do that, too! I didn't teach him but when I boarded him and his brother with the breeder that I bought them from, her daughter taught Shy to do that and he still does it for me! :D My other two birds do not like to be on their backs at all! :lol

Kathryn
01-31-2006, 09:48 PM
Zipper uses the upside down position as his normal perspective on the world.:lol He turns upside down and looks at you under his rearend...like a baby in a diaper playing peekaboo. He then climbs down the side of the cage, then on his back slides under the food container, zips across the floor of his cage on his back either using the sides of the cage or the low perch. Sometimes he will stop while still on his back to squawk at you to see if you are watching..then pop back up on the perch and roll his head backwards upside down. :rofl:
He makes me dizzy!!
I've tried to catch him on film but he is just too fast. I'm sure glad I have a digital or I'd be developing lots of yellow blurs:lol
Maybe when he is hand tame, I can get him to lay in my hand on his back.

Angelwing
01-31-2006, 10:24 PM
I can hold Laharl and Buddy like that, no problems whatsoever. In fact, I think they rather enjoy it. Sunny will also not make much of a fuss, but that's only when I've caught him (he's not entirely tame yet) so I guess that doesn't really count. I love holding birdies that way. :cool: