PDA

View Full Version : "Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill"

p3rr4n
02-12-2006, 01:21 AM
Who has seen it?

What did you think?

As the flock Tech Admin I am hereby REQUIRING you all to see it. ;)

Karen and I just saw it and its a wonderful and heartfelt story.

Angelwing
02-12-2006, 02:57 AM
I've not heard of it before now. I'll keep it in mind when I'm at Wal-mart next. :)

Elle
02-12-2006, 06:29 AM
Who has seen it?

What did you think?

As the flock Tech Admin I am hereby REQUIRING you all to see it. ;)

Karen and I just saw it and its a wonderful and heartfelt story.

Then I REQUIRE that you send it to me:lol

I have been looking for it but it doesn't seem to availlable yet in Canada.
I'm just getting over the March of the Penguing. Watched that one last night

Janie
02-12-2006, 07:20 AM
I saw it when it played in Atlanta for one week, last May. One week, one theater! It is a wonderful movie! I did try to buy it after it at both Circuit City and Target after it was released in on DVD in late Dec. but neither one had it. I've been told that Best Buys does so I'll eventually buy a copy there. I think Dave ordered a copy on line.

Lisa, I could be wrong but I don't think Wal-Mart will have it for sale. You might look on line or just rent it from Blockbuster. They do have it as a rental only.

Yep, a great movie! :D

butterfly1061
02-12-2006, 08:06 AM
Yep, I saw it with my brother and mother last May in Atlanta. GREAT movie!! I can't wait to get the DVD. We laughed and cried and the theater was packed.

CanadianOlive
02-12-2006, 11:09 AM
I was amazed because I was actually able to rent it at our local video store recently.....It was wonderful....

Mummieeva
02-12-2006, 12:53 PM
I am going to rent it this weekend.

Steph

kimsbirds
02-12-2006, 01:15 PM
I've not seen it, but it is hard to find around here...our biggest video stores only have it on special order to purchase, no rentals available. When I save up the $40 it's gonna cost me, I'll buy it for sure :)

bubble
02-12-2006, 01:31 PM
i watched it at the theatre last year. it's a must watch movie for all the bird lovers. try ebay, it's around $20.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-WILD-PARROTS-OF-TELEGRAPH-HILL-NEW-DVD_W0QQitemZ6478366005QQcategoryZ617QQssPageNameZ WD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Z28Taxman
02-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Yep, I have the DVD. Ordered it from Amazon.com the day it was released.

It's Ditto's favorite movie!

LauraO
02-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Yep, I have the DVD. Ordered it from Amazon.com the day it was released.

It's Ditto's favorite movie!

I love shopping on Amazon.con because you can buy both new and used things and the shipping is set. On Ebay, people can charge whatever they want for shipping and it gets ridiculous.

I liked the movie but I've haven't seen it since it came out on video.

kimsbirds
02-12-2006, 06:56 PM
I'll try ebay...but since we're Canada...I doubt I'll find it for 20 WHAAAAA:cry:
If anyone wants to burn me a copy...hehehe...
K

Angelwing
02-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Lisa, I could be wrong but I don't think Wal-Mart will have it for sale. You might look on line or just rent it from Blockbuster. They do have it as a rental only.

Yeah, probably not, but I can still hope! But thanks, I'll search online. :)

Mandolin
02-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Is this the movie that is a documentary about a man and a flock of lovebirds in africa? I saw a commercial for a documentary that would be shown on a channel i don't have. I think i will have to seach for it for Kameko, i am sure she'll love to sing along and i would love to see it too. Just have to find it in Canada :confused: .

p3rr4n
02-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Its a documentary/movie about a man and a flock of Parrots (Conures to be exact) in San Francisco California and its an awesome story. Similar to what you mentioned and not the same though.

:)

Audi's Mum
02-12-2006, 10:55 PM
My partner took me to see it when it was out in New Zealand for one week in one theatre. I loved that movie soooo much we went back the next night!

I cried and cried and laughed so hard it hurt. Absolutely beautiful doco.

I will own it on DVD as soon as I find a way to get it. Honestly everyone who even likes birds from a distance will LOVE this movie!!!!!

Janie
02-13-2006, 08:44 AM
I will own it on DVD as soon as I find a way to get it. Honestly everyone who even likes birds from a distance will LOVE this movie!!!!!

Funny thing, after I saw it and was walking out of the theater, I asked several people who had also just seen it if they had a pet bird and not a single one did. They went because they love and appreciate nature and all animals. I agree, this is a movie for anyone who is interested in wildlife or pets. :)

Z28Taxman
02-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Its a documentary/movie about a man and a flock of Parrots (Conures to be exact) in San Francisco California and its an awesome story. Similar to what you mentioned and not the same though.

:)

Cherry Headed Conures. Except for the blue headed one.

And one Budgie for a little while.