PDA

View Full Version : Albino Peacock

linda040899
02-13-2006, 05:25 PM
https://www.wingscc.net/List/images/senegal/peacock.jpg
Busch Gardens in Tampa has an albino Peacock. The tailfeathers look like lace. Absolutely gorgeous!

Angelwing
02-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Wow, he's beautiful. That is one gorgeous tail fan! I haven't seen one that big in person.

Buy A Paper Doll
02-13-2006, 06:00 PM
Ohmigoodness! I am SO dragging hubby to see this bird!!!

Janie
02-13-2006, 06:05 PM
:omg: :omg: :omg:

That is beautiful beyond belief! When I think Peacock, I think about all the beautiful and different colors but this one is absolutely spectacular! I wonder how common, or should I say UNcommon this is?

Thanks for sharing this beautiful creature! :)

mjm8321
02-13-2006, 06:30 PM
Janie, I'd imagine they are fairly rare in the wild, as any albino animal is a target for prey. Obviously, in controlled environments, they survive quite well. I did a search to see the odds of getting an albino peacock, but couldn't find anything like that...but there are albino peafowl breeders, so maybe they are more common than I thought? :confused:

butterfly1061
02-13-2006, 06:48 PM
:omg: GORGEOUS!! :omg: I've never been to Busch Gardens, but I know where I'd like to go for vacation - soon :D

Z28Taxman
02-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Wow! It looks like a snowstorm. :cool:

bellarains
02-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Wow!!!!

This may be something I will have to go see also when I come that way.

Linda???? Can we go to Bush Gardens when I visit?????? PLEEEAAASSSSEEEEE:)

kimsbirds
02-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Absolutely breathtaking Linda !! Thanks for posting :)

Janie
02-13-2006, 07:04 PM
I love Christmas ornaments and have around 8 peacock's that go on my tree. This one is by far the most beautiful "ornament" I've EVER seen! I've looked at this photo over and over and made every family member look, too! :D It really is just WOW!

BarbieH
02-14-2006, 10:03 AM
Beauties! Nice picture Linda. Didn't you take that one?

Mandolin
02-14-2006, 02:35 PM
That is absolutly gorgeous :eek: !!! I have seen a few peacocks in real life and they are breathtaking, but i can't even imagine what it would be like to see that one up close. Thanks for sharing!!! Wow!!!

dtucker78
12-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Actually, this is not albino. This is a white peacock. It is a color mutation of the Indian Blue peacock. If you can find a peafowl breeder, you most likely can find a white peacock. I don't think they are all that rare...but they are spectacular!!! I am looking into breeding peacocks in the future...there are so many color mutations!!!

Kathryn
12-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Beautiful none the less.
A friend from the South says that a white Peacock is a sign of good luck!

bird_luver24
12-07-2006, 02:48 PM
This bird is Gorgeous!!
The tail fan does look like Beautiful Lace!! Great Pic Linda!!! :D

Asue
12-07-2006, 03:20 PM
I read somewhere that some cultures use peacocks as guard/alert birds.
Apparently, they must not like strangers?
Haha, My first year living in Georgia, my whole family went to Zoo Atlanta. We were eating in the food pavillion ( now there's a Mcdonalds there ) and found some peafoul chicks wandering 'round the tall grass. My mom, being full korean, picked one up to show her non-english speaking korean friend the chick... HAHA the mama bird erupted from the heavy bush and scared mom and her friend into dropping the chick and running!! :rofl:

I think Zoo Atlanta had a white peacock then... can't be sure...
They do have Sun Conures and some other parrots.

linda040899
12-07-2006, 03:36 PM
I've taken photos of a white Peacock at Busch Gardens and the bird is absolutely breathtaking to see in person! This particular photo is not mine but seeing this bird makes you stop whatever you are doing and just stare.......

dtucker78
12-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Peafowl make great guard animals....They have an incredibly loud call and are somewhat territorial. I know of a breeder that wore their Sunday's best for a TV interview and the peafowl went just crazy when they approached because they didn't recognize the breeder in non-working close. My grandmother had a peacock at one point named George...I would watch that bird for hours...it was my first encounter and to the day I love peafowl... The white mutation is stunning but my favorite is the Indian blue pied...some versions, the eye of the fan tail is white....absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

dtucker78
12-07-2006, 05:11 PM
http://www.leggspeafowl.com/

Here is a wonderful website...they have a huge gallery...supposedly the biggest on the web...

cprcheetah
12-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Oh wow. What a pretty peacock. I've never seen an albino one before.

Keltoth
12-07-2006, 06:23 PM
I am more partial to the peach mutation of peafowl; the peach peacocks are very beautiful, in my opinion. I'll admit though, that white one shown is quite lovely...

- Eric