PDA

View Full Version : More Stepping Up!

Angelwing
02-16-2006, 01:24 AM
After only a very short period of time, Kali is learning how to step up! She was handled very rarely at the petstore, so I'm kind of surprised. She isn't doing it every single time, but more often than not (or if she reeeeally wants the transportation) she will. She finally understands that I can do many things for her. :D

Also, all four of the lovies now enjoy sitting on me together. :cool: Kali and Trixie are still a little bossy with Etna and Laharl (especially at playtime with food around) but since Laharl and Kali have been in the same cage with a divider, they're getting along much better.

shylevon
02-16-2006, 02:33 AM
That's great to hear. They do tend to let their minds wander during 'step-up' training, but it is the very first step necessary in training a well behaved and tame birdie.

Glad to hear it is going well for you two.

Janie
02-16-2006, 07:28 AM
Congratulations, Lisa! :) Big progress in a short amount of time! :D

Shy, I'm really liking that new avatar! :D

bellarains
02-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Lisa,

Progess is so exciting isn't it. Thanks for sharing this here. I know non-bird people just don't understand the excitement we feel as our fids give us more trust. We have this place to share, and the sharing gives others much hope for their fids.

Keep steppin Kali!!!!:)

shylevon
02-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks Janie.

Couldn't get all eight in one collage though. Had to eliminate some birdies from the display. Poor things.