PDA

View Full Version : mounting

loviesrule
05-20-2005, 10:37 AM
In my lovebird cages, I have the fleece cozy's for the birdies to sleep in. I have not sexed by birds, however I have noticed that one of them has gotten into the habit of mounting the outside of the cozy. Do I assume that this bird is a male? Should I remove the cozy? :confused:
Thanks,
loviesrule

bellarains
05-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Hey,

You can assume, but he??? may prove you wrong :rolleyes:

We have many a hen here that has fooled us by exhibiting male behavior, but doing the swishy, swishy on a favorite toy or object does seem to be primarily a male trait. DNA sexing or if your lovie lays an egg is the only sure way to know.

If you remove the cozy, he? will just find something other object for his self gratification. You will want to check the cozy often for loose threads, holes, etc... and also wash it to keep it sanitary though.

TTYL,

Lori

loviesrule
05-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Thank you for the advice!

shylevon
05-20-2005, 01:42 PM
My hen, Danae, has a chronic 'Hump the Favorite Toy' fetish.

Gals self gratify as often as guys do. It ain't a myth.

Doodle
07-16-2006, 04:33 PM
When my Doodle was a baby, I found a stuffed toy frog that was the same color as him and put it in his cage, thinking it would comfort him. He started sitting on the frog's head and humping it. As I took him to my office everyday, my employer was not as amused as I was!

butterfly1061
07-16-2006, 06:09 PM
When my Doodle was a baby, I found a stuffed toy frog that was the same color as him and put it in his cage, thinking it would comfort him. He started sitting on the frog's head and humping it. As I took him to my office everyday, my employer was not as amused as I was!
:rofl: :rofl: I bet the facial reaction was priceless!

My birds do this too and my brother tells me how disgusting it is. I can't for a few years to pass as he has a Blue & Gold macaw who will reach maturity then. I wanna be there the first time :eek: :rofl:

Bella
07-24-2006, 01:00 PM
I have two sisters in a cage together and they take turns humping each other.:roll: