PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Song?

BarbieH
02-21-2006, 11:25 AM
I thought this was a pretty cool Website: https://home.comcast.net/%7Ejosh.hosler/NumberOneInHistory/SelectMonth.htm (https://home.comcast.net/%7Ejosh.hosler/NumberOneInHistory/SelectMonth.htm)

You can find the song that was #1 on the Billboard chart on the day you were born. Mine was "Tossin and Turnin" by Bobby Lewis ... probably what my Mom was doing. :cool:

Angelwing
02-21-2006, 11:34 AM
rofl

I've seen similar sites. Anyhow, mine is "On My Own" by Patti LaBelle & Michael McDonald.

Angela
02-21-2006, 11:37 AM
mine is "Call Me" by Blondie :D
guess it could be worse.

Kathryn
02-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Tellin my age:rofl: on this one: It's in the Book (Parts 1 and 2) by Johnny Standley.
I had to look up every sibling and got a kick out of it. Thanks.

bellarains
02-21-2006, 02:52 PM
"Love Me Do" By the Beatles. I love the Beatles!!!!!

Keltoth
02-21-2006, 03:19 PM
"Hey, Jude" by the Beatles on my birthday - but I already knew that... :lol

mjm8321
02-21-2006, 03:58 PM
"Honey" by Bobby Goldsboro for me....never even heard of it. :lol

Janie
02-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Holy Moly!!!! We have a lot of younguns on this forum! You all don't remember songs that I was making out to! :lol

Mine is "Ballerina" by Vaughn Monroe which sounds old and is old! :eek: Good grief, the first time I heard the Beatles, I Want To Hold Your Hand, I was in high school! :whistle:

Way to go Barb.....making me feel old! :lol......great site and like Kathryn, I enjoyed looking at the songs for my siblings and my husband and kids. :)

mjm8321
02-21-2006, 05:14 PM
You all don't remember songs that I was making out to!

Bet there were a whole lot of them too!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: C'mon Janie, we all know you were out behind the barn necking to the beat of "Hey Ya!" by OutKast last February...after all you do have two lovies named Shy and Big Boi!!!!! LMAO

BarbieH
02-21-2006, 06:54 PM
:lol I'm feelin' pretty old myself, Janie. :lol Join the club!

Now, I don't know "Ballerina" but I know "Ghost Riders in the Sky," at least the version spoofed by Spike Jones. :p

Janie
02-21-2006, 08:12 PM
C'mon Janie, we all know you were out behind the barn necking to the beat of "Hey Ya!" by OutKast last February...after all you do have two lovies named Shy and Big Boi!!!!

You know, MJ, my birds were supposed to be named Big Boi and Andre or Dre for short but when I looked at Shy, I could not see "Dre!" :lol I have always liked our human friend Shy's name and this bird of mine WAS Shy, in the beginning, so "Dre" became "Shy!" I was NOT behind the barn necking to "Hey Ya!" as my necking days are well behind me! :rofl:

Barb, you started this so if it's making you feel old, :lol, it's your own fault! I told my younger son what the #1 song was on his birth date and he said, "mom, I told you and dad two weeks ago that 'I Want My MTV' was the #1 song on the day I was born. Guess I wasn't listening or I'm so old, I've gone DEAF and didn't hear him! :lol

BarbieH
02-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Okay, now I found out that the hit song on your 18th birthday is supposed to be the theme of your LIFE. On my 18th birthday disco was at its zenith, and the song at the top of the Billboard charts was "Good Times" by Chic. Alas, I do not know it.

butterfly1061
02-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Okay, now I found out that the hit song on your 18th birthday is supposed to be the theme of your LIFE

Ok, well, that's depressing Barb... Mine is "Sad Eyes" by Robert John. I remember the song but not the artist. My birth song is "Take Good Care of My Baby" by Bobby Vee. Not much better. Guess I'm doomed :( Next topic please :D

Janie
02-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Jackie!!!! OMG, "Take Good Care Of My Baby" is one of MY all time favorites. Another one I was making out to! ;) I love all of the Bobby Vee stuff and you're telling me that is your "birth" song????? I give up! I am OLD!

kimsbirds
02-21-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm "96 Tears" and still makin my parents cry !!! LOLOL

Buy A Paper Doll
02-22-2006, 06:53 AM
Okay, now I found out that the hit song on your 18th birthday is supposed to be the theme of your LIFE.

At first I thought it was "Another Day in Paradise" by Phil Collins. :happy: Then I realized I can't count and it's actually "Justify My Love" by Madonna. Bluck. I don't like this game anymore.

MaraJade
02-22-2006, 10:12 AM
oh god....
1982 ... "Don't You Want Me" by The Human League

:D

BarbieH
02-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Next topic please

Well, the Website says that if you can estimate the date of your conception (or anyone else's), that can also be enlightening. ;) According to my best guesstimate, that was "Wonderland by Night."

Janie
02-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Oh boy, Heather.....another favorite of mine, Poor People of Paris. My daddy loved that song and played it often and I remember it well.

Gosh, this is such a FUN thread, Barb! :D

butterfly1061
02-22-2006, 12:03 PM
the Website says that if you can estimate the date of your conception (or anyone else's), that can also be enlightening.

Dang, it just gets worse Barb! Mine is 1960 ... "Are You Lonesome Tonight" by Elvis Presley. I don't like this game anymore either :(

mjm8321
02-22-2006, 12:03 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My 18th birthday song is Addicted to Love, by Robert Palmer! :lol

Perhaps that should be addicted to lovies!

Mandolin
02-22-2006, 05:21 PM
LoL, my song is "Careless Whisper" by Wham! featuring George Michael. I have never heard of it although i have heard of Wham from older relatives and on retro type shows. I'll have to download it now.

Buy A Paper Doll
02-22-2006, 08:06 PM
LoL, my song is "Careless Whisper" by Wham! featuring George Michael. I have never heard of it although i have heard of Wham from older relatives and on retro type shows. I'll have to download it now.
:eek:
OK I am officially, unabashedly OLD if you have to go to "older relatives" to find out about Wham!

butterfly1061
02-22-2006, 08:10 PM
:eek: OK I am officially, unabashedly OLD if you have to go to "older relatives" to find out about Wham!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I thought the samething Jennifer and I'm older than you too!!!