PDA

View Full Version : Good Book

gypsy bird
02-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Someone recommended a very good bird book - a bible for owning birds, as I understand it.

I cannot find that post, but the person recommending it suggested reading it before proceeding with with just about anything concerning owning a bird.

Please, does anyone know the title of this book? I want to buy it this weekend.
Gypsy Bird (Glen Ellen)

kimsbirds
02-24-2006, 05:22 PM
You can look for The Lovebird Handbook, by Vera Appleyard. This one's my fave, and I"m sure others will post books that they like too :)

gypsy bird
02-24-2006, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the title. I will call the bookstore now to see if they have it.

I hope it is not hard to find. Any suggestions, if I don't find it in Barnes&Noble?
Gypsy Bird (Glen Ellen)

Janie
02-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Glen Ellen, that is also my favorite book. It doesn't get very technical but gives a great over-view for a love bird owner and especially a first time owner like I was when I got Oliver and had never had a pet bird. I had to order it from Barnes & Noble but have also seen it in a bird specialty store here and also at Petland, I think. You can also get it on line.

bellarains
02-24-2006, 06:09 PM
You can find it on Amazon, that's where I ordered mine from. It is the best parrot book I have ever seen.

butterfly1061
02-24-2006, 06:51 PM
If Barnes & Noble doesn't have it in stock, they will order it for you. That's what I did. I got it in less than a week. :2cents: