PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard

Angela
02-24-2006, 09:59 PM
The weather report is calling for a blizzard in easteren newfoundland tonight and tommorow! It's saying 30-50cm and 120km winds :eek: ...
Anyone want to come shovel me out tomorrow??? :x
Winds are starting now, it's going to be nasty...

http://www.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html

click on St. John's in the top right corner.
I'm just outside St. John's about 1/3 way between St. John's and Carbonear

butterfly1061
02-24-2006, 10:05 PM
See, that's why I live closer to the equator :D

Phoebe
02-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Good Luck to you, check out BC conditions!! LOL, sorry! We have had only one not so major snowfalls this year and a few dustings.:whistle:

Z28Taxman
02-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Send that snow down here. It's been cold and windy all day, It might as well snow too.

Kathryn
02-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Better yet, push that bad boy right on down here. We are 5 inches behind in moisture and even snow and ice would be welcome! We got 1/4 inch of ice this week and are still under a burn ban! My birdies don't know what snow looks like!
Hope it's not as bad for you as predicted.

Angela
02-24-2006, 10:23 PM
thanks, I'll let you guys know

Janie
02-24-2006, 11:21 PM
See, that's why I live closer to the equator :D

Me, too! :D

Mandolin
02-25-2006, 12:05 AM
I don't remember the few blizzards i have lived through since they were when we lived in alberta and i was under 4, but i know they snow and wind and how much it sucks. I know you have it worse than I do in the BC central interior, but -45 windchill :eek: is freaken cold no matter where you live. Luckily that hasn't happened this year (last year though). Stay nice and warm cozy in your house. I hope you have no where else to be tomorrow. Unless Newfoundland is still celebrating the curling victory :D . Hope you and your lovies stay safe and warm!!!

Angelwing
02-25-2006, 12:44 AM
We have blizzards all of the time here. Although this year has been extremely mild, for the most part. Should I thank global warming.

Anyhow, I hope it isn't too bad of a blizzard.

Angela
02-25-2006, 06:39 AM
Just woke up, and at 8:00 there was already 30cm, 15 in the last hour.:omg: ..no sign of slowing down. The bookstore is closed due to the weather and I did my shopping last night, so there is nowhere I have to go today.
Me and the lovies will stay curled up with a good book and a hot cup of coffee...book and coffee for me...a magazine and some nutriberries for tango and gypsy.:wink:

Angela
02-25-2006, 06:43 AM
:cool: oh and about the curling...did you know they gave the afternoon off to all the schools in my area so they could go home and watch the olympics...