PDA

View Full Version : Name help..I am going crazy

Mummieeva
03-10-2006, 08:21 PM
I have had my new bird a week and can not think of a name that seems to really fit. If anyone can help I would love it. These are a few we(me and daughter..husband said name the bird cat-food) came up with.

teke
cookie
gizmo
Cherokee
dazzle
Raine
Angel

we are unsure gender and the bird is a blue masked. Thank you.

Steph

p3rr4n
03-10-2006, 08:38 PM
hi Steph,

Since all of you were sooo helpful when I was tryin to name Trixie Bunny (took over a month remember ;) ?) I thought I would return the favor

In no certain order:

"Hey You"
"Birdie"
"Beak Face"
"Skinny Thigh"
"Master"
"The Masked One"
"Flying Critter"
"Flyer"
"Caped Crusader"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously though how about:

"Bandit"

or my favorite from your list would be "Gizmo". I really like that name
:)

Mandolin
03-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Finding a name sure can be hard. I found you a website full of possible bird names. These are some of my favorites:
Rockie
Pietrie
Sydney
Ducky (thats the name of my budgie :D )
There are sooooo many names. Some are odd but some are cute.
http://www.birdbytes.com/names.html

butterfly1061
03-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Perran,

You forgot my favorite - Featherbutt! :lol Sorry >o

Well, I'm not too good at names. After all, I have a male lovie named Molly :p

Z28Taxman
03-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Perran,

You forgot my favorite - Featherbutt! :lol Sorry >o

Well, I'm not too good at names. After all, I have a male lovie named Molly :p

Or what I call Ditto: Squeaky Beak!

bellarains
03-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Steph,

Might as well call him/her "Baby". My birds have names of course, but they still get called "Baby" more than anything. "Hi Baby", "Sweet Baby", "I love you Baby" See what I mean:lol

If that doesn't work, how about Kemosabe? It means faithful friend, and if female, you could call her Kemo.

For blue, you could go with Sapphire,Topaz,Zircon,Sky,Indigo, etc.....

Good luck picking one, and let us know what you come up with:)

kimsbirds
03-10-2006, 09:40 PM
"Fartsack"

AHAmoments
03-10-2006, 10:30 PM
I couldn't think of a name that seemed to fit my last tiel, and kept calling him baby bird while I pondered on it . . . and pondered . . . . and pondered. So guess what his name is . . . RIGHT . . . Baby Bird :lol . Weeks after we got him, my husband said to call him Kramer, because his crest feathers were so "out there" . . . . I tried it, but it didn't work . . . . Baby Bird just seemed to fit and nothing else would do . . . so I guess what I'm saying is . . . . if you wait too long and call it baby, or precious, etc. . . . that might end up being its name :happy: !

Janie
03-10-2006, 11:14 PM
"Fartsack"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Angelwing
03-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Heh, deciding on a name is so hard...I do like "Cherokee" the best on your list. Or how about Azure? Azzy for short.

Buy A Paper Doll
03-11-2006, 09:49 AM
I like Bandit, too. It's cute and fitting.

Like the others, my birds are called by their nicknames more than their actual names: Princess, Baby Doll, Booger Butt, etc.

Finnysmommie
03-11-2006, 12:08 PM
Bandit is a great name for a masked lovie. Bandit gets my vote:2cents:
I went to websites for baby names with my birdies. I have a celtic heritage so I went to celtic baby names and that is how I named Finian and Aiobheann.
I also saw they had sites for bird names. Try a google or yahoo search and you will come up with tons! But then again with so many choices you may end up having a harder time deciding.. :rofl:

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Cindy

b.a.
03-13-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm in the same boat as you! And I've had my Bird-With-No-Name, which is the only one that has stuck, for a month now! I vote for Cookie on your list, only because it's easy to say, kinda like 'Baby' and 'Bird' or 'Birdie.' Anyway, good luck!

Angelwing
03-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I'm trying to find a name for my new GCC, too. Only, I don't know whether or not it's male or female! But I've been calling him a 'he', so I'll probably stick with that.

You can look through www.babynames.com and www.babynamesworld.com. That's what I've been doing.