PDA

View Full Version : We have a smart birdie on our hands

Angelwing
03-18-2006, 10:08 PM
I've been teaching my GCC a few tricks, and after each trick, I give him a little treat. A few days ago, he did his trick correctly and received a piece of dried fruit. Well, he wasn't going to have any of that. He took the dried fruit, stuck it BACK into the treat bag, and looked at me as if saying, 'gimme a real treat'. He's just hilarious.

shylevon
03-19-2006, 02:07 AM
What a blessing to have a bird stick something back in a treat bag. My little guys use stuff they don't like for spitting practice. They can ptuuuieee a pellet clear across the room.

Janie
03-19-2006, 08:42 AM
Lisa, too cute! :D Makes me want one even more! :)

Angelwing
03-19-2006, 09:51 AM
What a blessing to have a bird stick something back in a treat bag. My little guys use stuff they don't like for spitting practice. They can ptuuuieee a pellet clear across the room.

Heheh. I don't have any that will spit food across the room. Instead, they sit in their food bowls, flinging out pieces of food they don't like at the moment.

Janie, you should just get one! What's one more birdie. :whistle:

Janie
03-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Janie, you should just get one! What's one more birdie

:D.....I'll run that one by my hubby but I already know the answer. One more birdie is one more cage and one more complete vet physical! :D In other words, about $1,000 right off the bat! GCC + Cage + vet = YIKES! :lol Gonna have to wait on that one! :D

bellarains
03-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Janie,

I'll bring you a cage. One excuse gone:lol

In fact, you can just tell Howard I brought you the GCC, in a matter of speaking, we could go pick one up, and that would kinda be the truth;)

Lisa,

They are truly amusing, aren't they. I love to eat with Cappie. We will get a plate, and chow down together:)

Angelwing
03-20-2006, 11:11 AM
They really are. I had my supper with him a few times, and he thinks it's funny to jump directly in the middle of my food pile.

Janie: It's not nearly $1000 american, or canadian! But it is a bit expensive for everything, and now I'm broke! But happy!

Janie
03-20-2006, 11:43 AM
Lisa, I'm considering the cost of the bird, the cost of the first vet visit (all that blood work, etc.) the cage and the toys. When I got Big Boi and Shy, my hubby asked me how much they cost (him, :D) and I told him not to worry about that, their initial cost would be nothing in comparison to their first vet visit...$490! And their cage! :eek: He doesn't ask me those silly questions anymore! :rofl: It is never the cost of the bird! :D

Paulette
03-20-2006, 12:53 PM
:rofl: That is hilarious. What a good laugh. Birds are so much fun.