PDA

View Full Version : Lovebird ads

Cooper
03-24-2006, 04:12 PM
For those of you from BC, or at least the lower mainland, have you noticed the ads for telus? Lots of billboards with lovebirds!! There were also some other media as well - I only caught the end of the TV commercial. I love seeing lovebirds around. Just to think, if I saw these over a year and half ago I wouldn't have any idea what these little birds were.

Here's a link to the website if you want to see any of the pics, links on the left go to other pics (one's a blue blackmasked :D )
http://www.telusmobility.com/bc/wweb/index.shtml

Emery
03-24-2006, 04:59 PM
I have the same billboards here! I was actually on the site today..here's some more:
http://www.telusmobility.com/ns/promotions/index.shtml
And my fave:http://www.telusmobility.com/

Emery
03-24-2006, 04:59 PM
I have the same billboards here! I was actually on the site today..here's some more:
http://www.telusmobility.com/ns/promotions/index.shtml
And my fave:http://www.telusmobility.com/

Elle
03-24-2006, 07:42 PM
I went to staples the other day. They had a huge poster with a peach face lovebird, a whiteface peach face, a fisher and a blue mask. All standing on a cell phone. I WANT that add! :rofl:

Z28Taxman
03-24-2006, 08:54 PM
We need lovies in adds down here.

Emery
03-24-2006, 09:12 PM
I went to staples the other day. They had a huge poster with a peach face lovebird, a whiteface peach face, a fisher and a blue mask. All standing on a cell phone. I WANT that add! :rofl:
Not if I get there first! ;)

butterfly1061
03-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Click on the site and go to "Cool Stuff". Then click on Advertising. I WANT THAT LOVIE PICTURE!!! I tried to pause and print , but it wouldn't work :(

PLEASE QUIT TEASING THE BOARD MEMBERS :rofl: :rofl:

Z28Taxman
03-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Click on the site and go to "Cool Stuff". Then click on Advertising. I WANT THAT LOVIE PICTURE!!! I tried to pause and print , but it wouldn't work :(

The one masked even yawned toward the end. :cool:

CanadianOlive
03-25-2006, 08:23 AM
Those ads are awesome...my mom called me last night to say...'I saw that lovebird ad on tv, you need to switch to telus...' And I thought she was going to tell me I needed more birds.....:rofl:
Very cute, where there are a bunch of lovebirds sitting around the egg watching it? .....all I have to say is 'Way to go Telus' (for the first and probably last time)

Phoebe
03-25-2006, 07:37 PM
:confused: Well I sure don't hope that makes people run out and buy lovies just for the heck of it, remember the last ad was a hippo and you know the story on that, don't want anymore birds bought as they are "hip" and then abandoned and don't forget those "cute" bunnies in the ads. Maybe they should just stick to animals like penguins that people can't buy and abuse, sure it's cute BUT!!:omg: (I do rescue work)

Emery
03-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Maybe they should just stick to animals like penguins that people can't buy and abuse, sure it's cute BUT!!:omg: (I do rescue work)

Penguins aren't a good idea either... I'm guessing you didn't hear the story about someone that stole a baby penguin, right from the mother. They never found it and it couldn't live more than a week without it's mother. This was right after the movie "March of the Penguins" came out. :(

Mummieeva
03-25-2006, 08:15 PM
I think there will always be some people who are so spur of the moment they go out and buy things they see. Like the diets we all see on TV. It is human nature sadly. if we stopped the ads they would find another thing. Atleast there are wonderful rescues who care enough to help when needed.

Steph

Mandolin
03-26-2006, 12:41 AM
:confused: Well I sure don't hope that makes people run out and buy lovies just for the heck of it, remember the last ad was a hippo and you know the story on that
What happened with the hippo? Those commercials are absolutely adorable but i am sure that some people will see them and think that because lovies are so cute they should go out and get one too. It is sad when people don't think things through. I can't believe about the penguin. What i want to know is how they got there to get a baby. That is very secluded and i am sure they would have had a hundred 3 feet tall penguins attacking them. Even when a fellow penguin tried to take another penguins baby a bunch of the other ones fought the kidnapper out. I think that person would have had some serious penguin bites.

Angelwing
03-26-2006, 03:20 PM
I haven't seen any of the ads or billboards yet, but my mother mentioned them to me. It's about the only good thing Telus has, really.

Janie
03-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Penguins aren't a good idea either... I'm guessing you didn't hear the story about someone that stole a baby penguin, right from the mother. They never found it and it couldn't live more than a week without it's mother. This was right after the movie "March of the Penguins" came out.

Good grief! I had not heard that. There ARE a lot of crazy people around who live by impulse buying. I remember when Dalmatian dogs became very popular after the movie, "101 Dalmatians" and they are a dog that are not for every family....not for most. They were in rescue situations in droves within a year after the release of the movie. I don't know why people don't read and research before buying any pet.

Cooper
03-26-2006, 07:11 PM
The baby hippo lives at greater vancouver zoo and now telus is selling hippo plushies to raise money for a new hippo home. This is the same zoo that came under fire when a couple of hippos died when their pond froze over.

When I saw all the lovie ads I thought sooo cute and I can drive by pics of birds like Cooper, but certainly hope people don't rush out and buy one. I bet the pet stores probably take advantage of this :mad:

Emery
03-26-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm not usually the type to want any kind of pet when I see it on TV, or whatnot, but I will admit that I kinda wanted a house-hippo when I first saw the commercial. >o