PDA

View Full Version : She came to me!

Emery
03-28-2006, 08:57 AM
This morning I let Amaretto out of the cage before I went to work and she was walking around the cage top, like she does. So I decided to do some work on the computer, which is about two metres (I'm bad with "feet") away from her cage. All of a sudden I had a little lovebird on my keyboard. (She's still here now - she's biting the "ctrl" button). I couldn't believe she flew all the over to see me. It's really hard to type with a lovie on my keyboard (chasing my fingers), so I'm gonna go. I just hd to share my good news. :D

And yes! I have pictures!
http://free.hostultra.com/~kate/ak.jpg
http://free.hostultra.com/~kate/ak1.jpg

RicosPoppy
03-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Before you know it you will have a permanent attachement on your arm or shoulder. Building trust with a Lovebird can be one of the most rewarding experiences there are and you are experiencing the first steps. My buddy is a single bird and he can't bear to be out of sight from my wife and I. I would take him everywhere with me if I could, and I'm sure that's where he would want to be.

By the way, your pictures came back as file not found. :(

Janie
03-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Emery, :D!!! That is a huge first step and I know there will be many more to come! Congratulations! :)

I can't see the photos either.....maybe later.

shylevon
03-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Four of my new birds are still very wild so it is a great blessing whenever they come near me. Of course, they usually do it by accident, but it warms my heart just the same.

Z28Taxman
03-28-2006, 12:18 PM
Emery, :D!!! That is a huge first step and I know there will be many more to come! Congratulations! :)

I can't see the photos either.....maybe later.

I can't see them either. And it tried to change my homepage and install spyware.

I'd find another host if I were you.

Wait until the little one decides to perch on your thumb and watch you type. that's always fun.

LauraO
03-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Wait until the little one decides to perch on your thumb and watch you type. that's always fun.

I've always thought the "let me try to hump your hand as your typing" was the best fun:rofl: :rofl: .

Congrats on the interest your lovie is showing you. It's always special when they realize they love you and want to hang out:D .

Mummieeva
03-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Aww that is so wonderful :D The first time they show trust is an amazing time for sure. Before you know it she will be giving you new hair styles.

Steph

Elle
03-28-2006, 03:03 PM
Wing clips does wonders:lol Congrats on this huge steps!

Regards,

bellarains
03-28-2006, 03:08 PM
These are the moments that we all love to hear about. It is always great to hear about progress in taming and earning trust. It lets everyone here that is trying to achieve the same, know that is does happen.

Congrats on the progress, and thanks for sharing:)

Emery
03-28-2006, 05:39 PM
I tried the pictures for me and they didn't work either. :p This'll work, http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2107914210. Sorry about that. The first two are from this morning, the rest are this evening. :D

Z28Taxman
03-28-2006, 05:41 PM
What a cutie! She's stolen you're computer. You'll not be allowed to use it again. :rofl:

Emery
03-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Haha, I thought of that when she was chasing my fingers, while I typed. One less thing for me, one more thing for her. ;)

Mandolin
03-28-2006, 10:10 PM
:happy: Once they claim the computer as theirs, there is no going back. Once Kameko decided that she would ovetake my keyboard, she pushes my fingers out of the way so she can chew on the keys. The mouse is also hers. But if you want a great distraction from your work, Amaretto will be a great help ;).

n8wb
04-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Just joined the board and found your picture links. Great shots!

Congrats on making progress with your lovebird. I am in the same place in feathered friendship as you are. Echo is just starting to come to me willingly and just today decided that my typing fingers are interesting to try and grab.
At first, I really didn't think that I would enjoy a lovebird. But as time passes I can't picture my life without this little ball of feathers.