PDA

View Full Version : New Developments

Papagena
04-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Dear All,
Thanks so much to everyone who offered such good advice, and who put up with my poor descriptions! :lol The big part of the "renovations" is over, and the cement dry so we put the birds back out in their home. I have never seen these birdies so happy! They were frolicking in their bird baths, and it was really a sight to see. Anyhow, I put all of the nests back on the walls where they were before, including my four babies that I was so worried about. About twenty minutes later the remaining parent was back in the nest, I hope feeding them. Yippee!!!:rofl: I will check on them to see if they have been fed before the sun goes down here. We've also got some new lovebirds, and two cockatiels (that I forgot to tell everyone about in my craze about the babies), and they seem very happy out there too. I am in the process of naming them.
Best,
J

Janie
04-01-2006, 06:50 PM
I am happy to hear this is working out. I've never had babies or even eggs since all three of my lovies are males so I sure could not advise you. Hope you find full crops when you check! :D

bellarains
04-01-2006, 06:53 PM
J,

I'm glad to hear things are going well, and will hope the parent feeds the babies. Handfeeding is alright if necessary, but it the parents feed well, that's always wonderful:)

linda040899
04-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Like I said, J
The remaining parent will care for the babies (usually) if something should happen to one of the pair. Hopefully, there will be no more intruders!