PDA

View Full Version : A Robin in the House!?!

Paulette
04-05-2006, 09:50 PM
My brother and his kids came for a visit last week. One morning my brother got up and came down to my room and said, Sis...one of your birds is in the living room....I didn't know if you knew it was out. Well...I shut the door to the bird room at night so the cat can't creep around, but there is a bit of a space under the door and occasionally some birdie will be out of it's cage in the am when I first go in and say Good Morning....so I'm curious....and go into the living room where low and behold there is a Robin hopping from fan blade to fan blade around on the ceiling fan (not turned on btw). So I get him a couple of little nets I have and he catches it and I run open the door and we let it out of the house. I just saw that same robin come out of my neighbors garage today. Too strange.....we get the occasional hummingbird stuck in the garage because they won't fly down to go out.....I wish I'd taken a picture of it, but we were more worried about getting it back to the great outdoors.:p

linda040899
04-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Ah, tis spring and nesting season begins..... The Robin must have thought you have a bird friendly/safe place to reproduce! :happy:

Angelwing
04-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Maybe he sensed that your house would be a great place for a birdie. :)

I'm glad that you got him out in time, before he was harmed.