PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Irene Pepperberg and Alex

Z28Taxman
04-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Dr. Pepperberg finally got her website going.

She's putting her research papers online there. Very interesting reading. And she's got quite a resume. Anyone who graduates from both MIT and Harvard, then teaches at both gets my attention.:eek:

http://www.alexfoundation.org/

If I didn't want a Grey before I certainly would now.

Janie don't look! :rofl:

Janie
04-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Dave, thanks but "no thanks!" I'm not going to look! :whistle: Did I tell you that I found out Einstein, that amazing Grey from the Petstar video, is home at the Knoxville Zoo. I pass right by there when I visit my hometown in TN. I will call ahead, find out when he "performs" and stop by. What an incredible species. They talk, pluck and eat woodwork! :lol Laura's boy also eats blankets! :rofl:

Z28Taxman
04-06-2006, 08:55 PM
You should at least see the video clip if him.

http://www.alexfoundation.org/alextheparrot.mov

Besides, you have to get one before I do. :D

linda040899
04-06-2006, 09:56 PM
I've got my 2 greys and I've never regretted making them part of my flock!! The one thing that surprised me is that Alex looks like he's on the thin side in one of the photos. I guess I'm used to seeing Ginger's very full chest area! Ginger is a small grey but she's not thin!!! :)

Z28Taxman
04-06-2006, 10:02 PM
I would love to have a grey but I don't know that I'd have the time to devote to a bird like that and Ditto right now. But one day hopefully.

n8wb
04-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the link! Looking forward to losing sleep tonight whilst I read!

LauraO
04-06-2006, 10:28 PM
That video clip is too cute especially when he asks for a tickle:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .

Funny, I never wanted a grey and my husband and I had several conversations over the years about them. He wanted one but I didn't. Then I met Mijo and fell in love:D . Now I can't imagine my life without him, which is good since he'll likely be with me the rest of it:rolleyes:. He's too smart for his own good and way more work then I ever imagined, but loads of fun..... Well except for when I'm on his s**t list, which is where I've been firmly perched the last couple of days. Then it's all about escaping bruising and bloodshed:x :x .