PDA

View Full Version : Discriminating diners agree....

zlatushka
05-24-2005, 09:03 PM
I curious to find out how many more of us have lovies like this....

I have two florets of broccoli clipped in Friday's cage, one with the flowers up, one with the stem up (because I'm never sure which he's in the mood for). He is right now currently going back and forth between them, taking a bite from one, then a bite from the other. But that's not the real point... its that he's taken to dining upside down :rolleyes: So he'll move to one, hang upside down and eat a bite, flip back up, go to the other, hang upside down, take a bite etc etc....

He'll even hang down from the side of the cage to eat his seed lately (unless he's feeling lazy and then he'll use the perch)

I guess it just tastes better upside down..... :confused:

rachel

bellarains
05-24-2005, 09:30 PM
LOL Rachel,

Maybe it tastes different from the different view???? :D

One thing you can say about these little ones. They never cease to amuse you,LOL

TTYL,

Lori

DeepLikeNin
05-25-2005, 01:04 AM
hahahaha, upside down just seems more fun :p i love it when they sit there and lean over and then look back up and it almost looks painful. the most amusing broccoli thing Mercuri does...is take a bite, shake her head, throw the entire broccoli piece on the floor, run after it, take a bite, throw it again... fun to watch...not fun to clean up! :cool:

BarbieH
05-25-2005, 08:04 AM
George is an upside-downy bird. It's a lot of fun to watch!

Z28Taxman
05-25-2005, 09:28 AM
Ditto loves to eat upside down. I've even seen him grab a piece of shredded carrot and hang upside down with one foot (either from the top of the cage or his swing) holding the carrot in the other to eat it.

He also drinks upside down (of cores then his nares get wet and makes me paranoid for awhile). :rolleyes:

If I tie a kale leaf to the side of the cage, he'll chew on the stem just below where it's attatched then get mad when the leaf falls down. :D

BarbieH
05-25-2005, 09:31 AM
Oh yeah. Gracie also has an interesting dismount from her dowel: She flips down so that she is hanging upside-down by her feet, then she hops off. She's not finger tame but she makes the dowel soooo interesting. :D

Z28Taxman
05-25-2005, 09:36 AM
Oh yeah. Gracie also has an interesting dismount from her dowel: She flips down so that she is hanging upside-down by her feet, then she hops off. She's not finger tame but she makes the dowel soooo interesting. :D

Ditto will stand on the hoop where his veggie dish goes, falls foreward so he swings through the hoop then when he's upside down, flaps his wings to right himself so he winds up just standing there again. :cool:

BarbieH
05-25-2005, 09:40 AM
And I'll bet you are tempted to give him a ranking:

9.5, 9.8, 9.8, 9.7, 9.3

Have you ever seen that old movie starring lovebirds, "Bill and Coo"? Lots of neat tricks in that one, so much fun. :)

Z28Taxman
05-25-2005, 09:42 AM
And I'll bet you are tempted to give him a ranking:

9.5, 9.8, 9.8, 9.7, 9.3

Have you ever seen that old movie starring lovebirds, "Bill and Coo"? Lots of neat tricks in that one, so much fun. :)

He's so proud of himself when he does it he has to chirp and make sure I was watching. :cool:

I haven't seen that movie yet. I'll have to find it somewhere.

BarbieH
05-25-2005, 09:44 AM
I've got a copy of it I will gladly send to you. :) Will let you know when I dig it out; I think it got put away in a fit of organizing. Do you still have a VCR player?

Z28Taxman
05-25-2005, 09:49 AM
I've got a copy of it I will gladly send to you. :) Will let you know when I dig it out; I think it got put away in a fit of organizing. Do you still have a VCR player?

Yep. Still got one that has hardly been used. :D

butterfly1061
05-25-2005, 05:17 PM
Rachel,

I was just getting ready to post this question :D. Molly does it more than Daisy. They never seem to perch on their feeding dishes. I've even watched Daisy take a bath upside down in her water bowl that's attached to her cage. Weird :rolleyes:.

Sparkette65
05-25-2005, 06:32 PM
two of my lovebirds, sit INSIDE the food bowl to eat the seed, :eek: when they get their veggies, they sometimes hang from the cage and reach down for it.....
Lori