PDA

View Full Version : Who needs to buy toys......

Z28Taxman
04-16-2006, 09:37 PM
When you have millet stems around. :rofl:

After Ditto strips his millet down to just the stem, he throws it to the floor of the cage. He will not go down there so it just sits there. So when there's a particularly thick stem I'll bring it over to the couch for TV time and he'll spend quite a bit of time reducing it to splinters. He doesn't normally chew on much else so it's fun to watch him when we're on the couch. Don't get much tv watching done thoug.

Maybe I should get in on Heather's next purchase of chip forks. :rofl:

Angelwing
04-17-2006, 12:18 PM
Cedric and Trixie would rather destroy their wood perches as opposed to their toys. I'm thinking to also go with chip forks, or perhaps popsicle sticks.

mjm8321
04-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Millet stems are sought after by my lovies too, but if there is a hen in the cage I have to remove it immdeiately. Most will strip off all the millet (not eat it, just remove it) to get to the stem for shredding...NUTS! :p

shylevon
04-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Oh yes, I have a hen that would pass up millet seeds any day to get to the stem. Only after that is chewed to nothing will she take a nibble of the seeds.

Z28Taxman
04-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Ditto will only chew the stem if I'm holding it in my hand. Otherwise it gets tossed to the cage floor and left there.

He's not spoile or nothing. :whistle:

bellarains
04-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Mmmmm Dave,

Better not let Ditto hear you say "Who needs to buy toys". I'm sure he'd set your straight real quick;)