PDA

View Full Version : cozy caves?

chris631
04-21-2006, 09:50 AM
I was checking out the photos and was wondering if I should supply my birds with a cozy cave. they look kinda cool and their cage can accomadate one(its 20x20x36-high) right now they huddle together on their perch to sleep. Any suggestions?

Janie
04-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Chris, I have three males, 2 are brothers that are caged together. They do have and love their cozy. I put it in at bed time and remove it in the morning. Sometimes they both sleep inside and sometimes my "alpha" male makes his brother sleep on top! :D Even when I offered two, one for each, they still only use the one and it's not unusual for one to sleep in and the other on top. My other bird is older and scared to death of one so he sleeps on his perch. As far as whether it's a good idea or not really depends on the sex of your birds. A female can become very territorial with a cozy and it can also promote egg laying. If you have a pair and know they are male/female, you might want to consider that. Also, if you have two females, you might end up with two laying eggs if a cozy is added. I think most people here who use them, either with males or females, do remove them in the morning. If you do decide to get one, check it daily to be sure it hasn't been picked at, pooped on or that there aren't any loose threads that you birds could get tangled in. :)

chris631
04-21-2006, 10:31 AM
THANKS JANIE( AGAIN I'M WRITING THIS AT WORK, THANK GOD I HAVE MY OWN OFFICE, LOL, WOOPS HERE COMES THE BOSS)

Illumen
04-21-2006, 11:15 AM
I have a cozy cave for my parrotlets, Mochi only sleeps on top of it. But I have a pet tent in for my lovebirds. They love it, they take all their naps in it. I have 2 bonded males, and they both cuddle inside of it next to each other. It's really cute.

Mena

butterfly1061
04-21-2006, 11:46 AM
I have several of them. I have 2 males and 2 females. None of my males sleep in them, but they love to play in them during the day. One male sleeps on top of his. One female sleeps on top of hers and the other doesn't get one at all (she can get VERY nesty). :2cents: