PDA

View Full Version : Free Kittens

Angelwing
04-21-2006, 01:07 PM
I was at work last night when two little boys brought in six baby kittens (only a few days old, as far as we can see) that they had found in the city, abandoned. Springtime is the worst time for homeless kittens. People are so sick and inconsiderate it makes me vomit. Anyways, I fed all of them last night, and we called around, trying to find a lactating mother who may take in these kittens. We found one, but she wanted nothing to do with them. We tried to work something out, but that pretty much fell through, and one of our last resorts was to take them to the humane society where they would be euthanized because they didn't have the money to pay someone to feed the kittens around the clock. I wasn't going to let that happen, and although my father is allergic to kittens and didn't want them in the house, I would have figured something out (possibly staying at my grandmothers with them). Luckily, I thought to phone my neighbours who save animals all of the time, and they agreed to take them in (they were actually handfeeding another kitten right now). So I brought them all the necessary supplies and will help them out as much as I can.

So, if you live near Winnipeg, in about five or six weeks there will be kittens free to good homes only. We have homes for two females all ready, and I believe the remaining four are males. I'll get some pictures up whenever I can.

p3rr4n
04-21-2006, 03:04 PM
craigslist.com and harmonycentral.com are great places to post free ads. You can list your qualifications of what a good kitty parent would be and make them reply with proof etc. Then you can set up meetings with them or scout their locations or whatever.

These are 2 great networking sites on the net. We use them all the time for all sorts of things.

Angelwing
04-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks a bunch. I'll be sure to post ads at these sites once the kittens are a bit older.