PDA

View Full Version : Yoshi Question

Illumen
04-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Hello...I didn't put this in the health area since Yoshi is a parrotlet. And I haven't found a great parrotlet board.

Yoshi is feeling better, but still not eating as much as he should. He's poop is more solid now but still a very light green. I have stopped handfeeding him the last 2 days. He has whole seeds in his poop, should this be a concern? I'm taking him back to the vet on Tuesday, should I mention this to the vet? If he had a digestive problem, can that be fixed?

Thanks again.

graushill
04-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Hi Mena,

I'm sorry Yoshi is not feeling so well. As for your question, you should definitely mention the fact that you have seen whole seeds in his poop to the vet. If possible, you should even take him a sample of his poop. Some time ago there was a board member who also mentioned whole seeds present in her bird's feces, but I can't find the thread, so it may have been at the old board. Anyway, it was some sort of digestive issue, but as far as I remember, it was treatable and the birdie did recuperate in the end.

Good luck!

Gloria

Illumen
04-22-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks Gloria, I will definitely let the vet know. The little guy is definitely a trooper.

shylevon
04-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Intestinal problems can oftentimes be fixed with a little medication, so you should definately bring it up with the vet. If the problem is more serious, like a liver problem, it is best to know soon, so you can begin treatment and get Yoshi on the road to recovery quickly.