PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick Question!

Oscar
04-25-2006, 09:09 PM
If u have read my other thread you would know my current situation,
i was just wonderin i have been noticing that Oscar doesnt sleep in the same place he used to when Zoey was alive, he like sleep on top of his swing.. do u think he is depressed or lonely at night, i hope not i havent changed the cage much added a couple of new toys but away from his normal sleeping area.. i hope this isnt anythnig bad, feed back would be awesome!

kimsbirds
04-25-2006, 09:22 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about sleeping areas. Even my pairs who have been together for a long time occasionally switch their 'beds'.
Losing a mate is a time of adjustment for a lovie, and yours is probably just trying to find the right spot to sleep now that he's not got his mate beside him. If you're sure you have a male, you can offer him a cozy cave or hut for added comfort, but dont do this for a hen as she'll likely go all hormonal on you. LOL
Maybe you could talk a bit more at bedtime, he might find your voice comforting :)
Good Luck
Kimmie

Mummieeva
04-25-2006, 10:21 PM
My birds use to sleep on top of swing.Then one day they decided hanging sideways on cage was better:rolleyes: They like to change things on us to keep us on our toes.

Steph

Oscar
04-25-2006, 10:38 PM
i just checked on him and he was sleeping beside the stuffed bird i bought him to sleep beside (since i thought it would comfort him much like Zoey did) he was first scared of it now has seemed to warm up to it, i hope its a good thing and not a bad thing any one have a different opinion?
so for so many questions, i just worry so much about him.