PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for the night

Oscar
04-27-2006, 08:32 PM
My little lovie Oscar hasnt been alone one night since his friend zoey passed. My boyfriend has invite me to his house for the night, and ill most likely be gone from around 630pm friday till 11am the next morning... i was wondering if anyone would think this is a bad idea since its only been 6 days since zoey passed, i used to leave overnight and not feel to bad when they were together to keep each other company but no one will be in the house and im feelling guilty.. any suggestions would be lovely :)

butterfly1061
04-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Since you will only be gone over night, be sure to give him fresh water and seed before you leave. If you turn out all the lights, don't cover his cage so that in the morning he can wake up on his own with daylight. If you usually cover his cage, then only cover three sides and leave the front open. I wouldn't be gone for longer than you said in your post. You'll need to check on his water ad change it again once you return. :2cents:

Janie
04-27-2006, 08:41 PM
I agree with every single suggestion Jackie posted! :D

Oscar
04-27-2006, 08:46 PM
so u dont think it will upset him at all?

butterfly1061
04-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Over time he will get use to it. In the morning when you return, offer him some millet as a peace offering so to speak. He'll forgive you and be excited to see you too.

Oscar
04-27-2006, 08:50 PM
ya, im just afraid he'll get sick.. i dunno i think i worry to much! haha

butterfly1061
04-27-2006, 08:52 PM
I did too when I only had one bird. It took me a while to realize my Molly would be just fine and I was only going to work :lol I had the same guilt feelings you do so don't worry he'll be fine. :)

Oscar
04-27-2006, 08:56 PM
heehe i know, i just adore him and would never want him to feel lonely, ill change his water and food and will set an alarm so he has some nice music for him in the morning.. god what i do my for my lovie..

butterfly1061
04-27-2006, 09:02 PM
I know the feelings you feel. My birds mean so much to me that I will probably never have a another decent vacation because of my babies. They are my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. :D

Oscar
04-27-2006, 09:08 PM
ya and just losing one was awful enough, i couldnt bare losing another, i know its one night but i think he'll be fine! haha hopefully i wont keep my boyfriend up being like "do u think hes ok?" "do you think hes lonely?" he'd just turn to me and be like its a bird damnit!! haha

butterfly1061
04-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Think of this way... The time you'll be gone is a little more than when you're at work. :)