PDA

View Full Version : I don't think Milo wants eggies

Buy A Paper Doll
04-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Yesterday Melody started shredding a piece of paper that was sitting on the coffee table. Milo went straight over to her and took the paper away from her. Then he stood over her, watching her shred and tuck. As quickly as she could tuck paper strips into her rump, Milo pulled them out, and dropped them over the edge of the coffee table!

I don't think Milo wants Melly to make a nest...:roll:

butterfly1061
04-28-2006, 09:24 PM
That Milo is one smart boy! I can't say as I blame him. I wouldn't want to put up with a nesty hen either. :lol

I do the samething Milo does. Every time Olivia shreds and tucks, I take it out and throw it away. Although, I NEVER give her anything to shred right now. :eek:

kimsbirds
04-28-2006, 09:43 PM
I think its' something in the air again...Miss Cinny has decided that her new booda rope perch makes good chewing material....its' gonna hit the garbage can this weekend me thinks....her rump is looking 'slightly' bulgy...but she just had Snap and Pop (they're 5 months almost) and I really want her to wait a bit longer !
Blue was feeding her like there was no tomorrow earlier tonight...and I think there won't be much to hold her back...I might take the 3tier cage outside tomorrow and blast it...then change everyone around - toys etc too...maybe that'll put her off???

butterfly1061
04-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Kim,

Since Miss Cinny shreds the rope perches, what kind of perches do you giver her? Olivia is doing this too. I'm trying VERY hard to distract her and so far so good. She's not yet 1 yr old. :(

kimsbirds
04-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, I replaced the shredded one with the same, but I'm beginning to see the error of my ways. Yep, they love their booda perches, but with Cinny, I'm thinking its' just not in the cards for her to have one EVER !
I'm going to re-do all the cages this weekend and switch her and Blue to a diff cage with no rope perches or swings. I feel mean to do it, but she's proven twice now that rope + Cinny = nesty broad !
I've got lots of spare manzanitas and regular branch-types...as well as a few concrete and therapeutic ones...Poor girl isn't gonna know what hit her !! LOL
I saw a really neat sisal rope perch with SS clamps...but sadly, she'd likely shred that as well. Even the thin wooden dowel types are shredded by her if she's especially determined...
Sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do....>o

bellarains
04-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Jennifer,

I think Milo has the right idea. No strips, makes no nest in his smart little mind:)

Bela will also steal Lacey's shredded strips, but he start out by trying to chew his own strip, finally figures out all he's getting is spit balls, and then proceeds to take Lacey's strips out of her tail. The look on her face is priceless when he does this. I think the look says, "Boys are soooooo stupid!!!!!":rofl: I'm serious, I think I almost see her rolling her eyes at him:lol

I saw a home funniest video one time of a kids Easter egg hunting, and as fast as one little boy was putting eggs in his basket, a little girl was behind him, taking them out and putting them into her basket. This is what the stealing shredded paper reminds me of:lol

LauraO
04-29-2006, 01:20 AM
Milo is way smarter than my Won Ton who has started tucking and shredding as good as his Babygirl:roll: :roll: .

p3rr4n
04-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Way to go Milo WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You go boy!!!!! :lol :lol :lol

I wouldnt want no more dang nesting behavoir either... Poor guy!

Z28Taxman
04-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Too bad it's not that easy to get rid of PMS! :rofl:

bellarains
04-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Ummmm,

You got something against PMS??????

We can't help it ya know. We don't like it any better than you do. How would you like to go through what we have to every month????? HUH????HUH????HUH?????

Oops, can ya tell what time it is?:lol (Surries away to have a magarita)

Keltoth
04-29-2006, 05:39 PM
It's DEFINATELY something in the air; Roxie has double-clutched, is up to three new eggs with no indication of stopping ...and the first eggie is confirmed as fertile.

There is no doubt as to Roxie's purpose on this earth; it's to devour millet and procreate. :cry:

Time to move Skie, Obi, Paco, Piper, Shadow and Myst into a bachelor's pad together... :confused:

Buy A Paper Doll
04-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Yep, there's something in the air, and the game is on: Can I keep her from laying? :lol

I'm not just rearranging the cage, or moving the cage, I'm hauling the whole thing outside whenever I can sit with them. Those who remember seeing photos of their big old King's cage can appreciate that this is not a quick or easy undertaking! At night, I switch them to their bedtime cage in a different room. That, and I do a whole lot of no-eggie rain dances.

bellarains
04-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Jennifer,

Can you tell me how that dance goes? I think I might need it soon:wink:

Janie
04-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Milo is my hero! The only time I've ever been "pro" male is in the world of lovies! :D Yep, he's got the right idea.....you go, Milo! (after all, I have TWO more birds because of YOU!) :rofl:

p3rr4n
04-30-2006, 12:40 AM
Milo is my hero! The only time I've ever been "pro" male is in the world of lovies!

You MIGHT wanna rethink that whole pro male stance. I do have the power and I aint a-feared to use it!

:p

:lol :lol :lol

Janie
04-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Perran, I'll change my "what ever that thing is" address and sneak back on! :D Or I'll get my SON, yes a male child, to do it for me! :whistle:

Do you know that I've had pets all my life and only ONE male, a cat named Elvis, till I got these lovies!

p3rr4n
04-30-2006, 05:00 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:wink: ;) :wink: ;)

Mummieeva
04-30-2006, 10:24 PM
When I was a child we always had female cats and male dogs. I always wondered why.lol.

Steph