PDA

View Full Version : My new arrival!

goldnyght
05-08-2006, 11:57 PM
I got my birdy today!

So cute...

As far as I can tell (and I'm certainly no expert :wink: ) he (or she) is a dark factor normal green pied, and possibly orange-faced (there's a orangish tint, but he's young [just weaned] so that could be normal for the peachfaces?)

I haven't thought of a name yet, and unfortunately, my boyfriend recently hosed his computer, so I can't download the pictures I took today yet (give me time!) Soon as I can get some pictures up, I may have to ask for some input. :lol

He's really well hand-trained. He even flew onto my chest in the store when a little girl dropped a box (his sibling flew back to the cage. I must admit, that certainly helped my decision)

Ok, enough bragging for now.

More with pictures!:rofl:

Mummieeva
05-09-2006, 05:25 AM
Congrads on your new arrival. We will let you get away with no pic for now..But not for long;) . Whisper's forehead was orange for a little bit but it lightened. I can not wait to see pictures. Now you just need a name.lol.

Steph

goldnyght
05-09-2006, 09:07 AM
"What is in a name? A rose by any other name would still be a rose"

Lol....that's a weird way of saying I'm at a loss at the moment. I kind of want to check out his personality a little before I settle on a name. Other than bashful, I suppose.

Ahhh, can't wait to go see him this evening! (he's at my boyfriend's house)

bellarains
05-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Congrats on the new arrival. It's always good when a lovie picks you out:)

Yep, a name will come. As you spend time with him/her, the perfect name will pop right out of your mouth.

I will look forward to the pics:D

Janie
05-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Congratulations! :D Now the fun begins.....:)

Buy A Paper Doll
05-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Woohoo! Glad to hear you got your little one! :) :) :)

LauraO
05-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Congrats on the new lovie! You sound excited and I'm sure your new friend will benefit from all the love and attention:D :D . No worries about a name. I've noticed that after a year or so each of my lovies has a few names they go by:rolleyes: .

goldnyght
05-09-2006, 09:28 PM
I got the pics up in the picture forum!

http://www.lovebirdsplus.com/community/showthread.php?p=39058#post39058

Hope everyone enjoys, and please let me know how close I got to the color. I'm horribly curious! ^^