PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping problem

archer
05-16-2006, 02:45 AM
I have a new pet lovebird... the one in my avatar. She is a real doll, she likes to go out and play a lot(and ocassionally bite my fingers).

I have a little problem with her... she doesn't like sleeping in her cage. One time I let her out at night and let her sit on her "outside" perch and she slept immediately... but once I put her inside the cage... she begins moving all around and chirping.

Is this normal? Or should I just let her sleep outside? My concern if I let her sleep outside is when we are out until nightime... I want her to be able to go to sleep even if she is inside the cage.

Do you have any suggestions?

Janie
05-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Hey Archer,

I did reply to this in your "introduction" post. I will add again that I would not leave her out at night. Just not safe.

shylevon
05-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Nope, no sleeping out of the cage. She is much safer in there, and she will get used to it and begin to see her cage as her safe haven.

archer
05-17-2006, 02:15 AM
I hope so... I am also getting tired.. Can't sleep until she is tucked in.

peppero1
05-22-2006, 03:57 AM
is her outside perch higher up than the cage perch? if so, make the cage perch higher...
also, cover the cage partially with a towel....
also, perhaps give her a happy hut in her cage and soon she will love
sleeping in it,,,, (But remember to remove it each morning so she doesn't become nesty)
good luck