PDA

View Full Version : Three Years

sdgilley
05-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Wednesday the 24th will be my 3 year anniversary with Peter!:happy: :happy: :happy:

I don't know Peter's hatchdate, so we just celebrate his anniversary. I couldn't wait, so yesterday I gave him a new toy. There was millet all around and some nutriberries, too. There was extra attention and singing (not too good, but he didn't mind!). He picked right up on the atmosphere, and played with me for quite some time. :rofl: Interacting with a biter bird is different, you really learn their body language to appreciate how much that attention really means to them.

I reflected over the past three years what Peter has taught me. I've learned so much to respect this wild bird and not impose upon him my expectations. He possesses the most incorigible personality and is very bright. He's taught me that you can have a great relationship without much touching. He's learned that if there is trouble, Mom is good to have around. He's learned Mom's hands are completely acceptable at the VET's!

It's been a fun three years... :happy:

graushill
05-22-2006, 08:09 AM
Happy three year anniversary Peter and Suzanne!

Here's to many, many more such happy ocassions in the future :happy: .

Hugs,
Gloria

bellarains
05-22-2006, 10:33 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PETER!!!

Sounds like you and Mom had a good old time:)

Here's to many more:D

Janie
05-22-2006, 01:18 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU!!!!! Peter and Suzanne! :D :D :D

Time sure does fly when you're having fun and in love! :)

Buy A Paper Doll
05-22-2006, 01:34 PM
:happy: Happy Bird-A-Versary!! :happy:

May you have many more!

mjm8321
05-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Happy Anniversary! and many more!

butterfly1061
05-22-2006, 07:10 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Congrats on your longtime friendship and hope you have many, many more years to come :)

sdgilley
05-22-2006, 09:32 PM
THANKS!!! Peter seems to have picked up his special-ness this week. He's spending more time grinding his beak and blinking at me! :lol He's such a sweet heart. Luka, like any child, is acting out as if he is jealous of the subtle extra Peter attention. Ah well, Luka's time is October - making him about 4 years old then (the breeder thought he was a year old when I bought him). He's more aloof than the others, really a bird's bird. ;) Peter started out an only bird, and will always have the special throne.