PDA

View Full Version : Buyer beware....

Asue
05-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Beak Appitite for only $2??? Yeah, I thought it was a bargin... considering it's usually $4-$5 a bucket. All the tubs were covered in dust. I opened the tub to find that the food stuff was missing the plastic cover, the bags were opened and there were even dust-webs covering the food inside!!:x
I let the manager know... I was disgusted. And that the experation date was 5-17-05!!! I hope no one bought this crap and tried to feed it to their birds...
( The store name withheld ).

Janie
05-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Amanda, since I live in your area, I would definitely like to know where you bought that crap. Since it actually happened to you, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be A-OK to mention the store name. If you're uncomfortable with that, please PM me. I do check expiration dates on all bird seed and dog food that I buy.....even the bird seed I buy at bird fairs.

Asue
05-23-2006, 11:00 PM
:mad: it's the PetSmart on Mount Zion Blvd, Clayton County GA. :mad:

I'm down here visiting my mother and stopped by to pick up some heartworm meds for my pup. I walked through the bird section and played with a baby Jenday when a lady said there was a sale on some bird stuff.
I spot the "sale" stickers on Beak Appitite immediately. They were on the top shelf. There were three flavors, and I picked up two or three, but when my daughter opened up a tub ( She's two and a half and curious ) and I nearly puked when I saw what was inside...:x Believe me, it was nasty. I went through most of the other tubs and it only got worse.

I don't know if the manager did anything, because I left immediately after telling her how much it sickened me that they were even trying to sell this stuff. I'm going to go back and check if the spoiled food was removed... I'm praying it was... I really don't look over the experation date as I should...
the store that boasts pet friendly service did give me a false sense of security.

I hope everyone reads this and is more aware of the items they buy, no matter what or where they are shopping.