PDA

View Full Version : Music for Barkis

mr.barkis
05-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Hi - I was noticing how Barkis, my baby dutch blue likes to call to the birds outside. I found out that the dutch blue is variety of peach-faced lovebird and that they are found in Southern Angola. I went online and found a radio station from Angola, and Mr. B just LOVES the music. I also downloaded some rainforest sounds, which he also seemed to like :-) Peace and love, Bob

linda040899
05-28-2006, 03:06 PM
Many birds like to hear music/sounds and they all seem to have individual tastes. :)

graushill
05-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Hi Bob,

Bird calls are a big hit with my lovies too. I've tried all types of music with them, and like Linda says, they all seem to have their own individual tastes. My lovies love to be sung to and one of my favourite things is to sing lullabies to them before bed time and watch them yawn, get all fluffy and blinky and finally put their head behind their wings :). I hadn't thought about music from Africa though so thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Gloria

mr.barkis
05-28-2006, 04:15 PM
Bedtime is a special time for us - I enjoy watching him getting sleepy and settling in. I'll try a lullaby or two on my guitar. - Bob

BarbieH
05-29-2006, 07:49 AM
Classical flute recordings really get my birdies going. :)

Buy A Paper Doll
05-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Funny, when I play (French horn) the birds just scream. I don't think it's the music that they disapprove of; they simply have a problem with anything that is louder than they are.

BarbieH
05-30-2006, 01:53 PM
I think maybe they think the horn is attacking you? :confused: My birds did the same thing when I brought the harp out recently, and it's not louder than they are!