PDA

View Full Version : Ditto has decided that chewing sticks is fun.

Z28Taxman
05-30-2006, 05:58 PM
He's never been much of a chewer (unless it's food, then look out).

On His playgym I hung a little toy that's just a SS chain with a bell on the bottom (no clacker, he removed that before the toy even got hung up) with leather strips, plastic beads and wooden ice cream spoons (kinda like Heather's chipforks). Well after that toy has been hanging there since Feb and he's been playing with it the whole time, he's discovered that he can shred the spoons. He's turned 2 of them to splinters since saturday! Of course he hangs upside down from it while he does this. :rofl:

Funny thing about the clacker though. I took the toy out of the bag while he was sitting on my shoulder and before I could look at the clacker to remove it if it was unsafe, he flew onto my hand, grabbed it and had it out and tossed across the room in about 2 seconds. Then he looked at me and chirped as if to say, "hey that was unsafe, don't worry I got rid of it" :rofl: Now the bell is a hat.:cool:

linda040899
05-30-2006, 06:09 PM
Hey, Dave
You don't need another bird to teach Ditto tricks!! He's smart enough!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Z28Taxman
05-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Hey, Dave
You don't need another bird to teach Ditto tricks!! He's smart enough!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Probably smarter than me! :p

Janie
05-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Dave, wooden colored popsicle sticks are Oliver's favorite toy. I buy them by the dozen when they have them in stock and it's placed on top of his cage. If it's hanging, he won't touch it, fraidy bird that he is. Unfortunately Big Boi and Shy also love that toy so I'm going through one every 2 days instead of every 2 weeks. Oliver is so considerate of momma's money, the other two are not! :D

Glad to hear that Ditto likes his play gym. Best buy (other than my birds) I ever made. :D

Z28Taxman
05-30-2006, 06:43 PM
Dave, wooden colored popsicle sticks are Oliver's favorite toy. I buy them by the dozen when they have them in stock and it's placed on top of his cage. If it's hanging, he won't touch it, fraidy bird that he is. Unfortunately Big Boi and Shy also love that toy so I'm going through one every 2 days instead of every 2 weeks. Oliver is so considerate of momma's money, the other two are not! :D

Glad to hear that Ditto likes his play gym. Best buy (other than my birds) I ever made. :D

Maybe we should get in on Heathers next order of chip forks. :rofl:

Ditto loves hanging things (especially if he's one of the things hanging). :rofl: And if it swings too it's even better!

One of his favorite playtime events it hanging upside down from my sock while I slowly swing my foot around.:happy: