PDA

View Full Version : teaching a lovebird to sing...

Dove
06-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Hello everyone...

I am considering buying a canary singing tape and playing it several times each day to teach my lovies to sing...

Echo...young female peachface...has a deeper raspy voice and not as extensive a vocal range or collection of calls as...Neon...young male hybrid (PF/M)...he trills and calls in a singing fashion now...very pleasant and uses a long complex series of notes...

I read somewhere recently of a lovie who learned to sing like a canary after being caged next to one...does anyone have any experience with this...or stories to share...?

Thanks...

Emery
06-02-2006, 04:13 PM
I taught my lovie to do "kisses" and I taught her to say "up-up", so I'm sure, with time, you could get your lovies to sing. :D

LauraO
06-02-2006, 07:43 PM
I have a Congo African Grey (CAG) that's a regular jabberjaw. He is especially talkative at 5:30 in the morning. So the last thing I want is a singing/talking lovebird:p .

butterfly1061
06-02-2006, 08:03 PM
I have a Congo African Grey (CAG) that's a regular jabberjaw. He is especially talkative at 5:30 in the morning. So the last thing I want is a singing/talking lovebird:p .
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I agee Larua! Daisy & Olivia start talking at around 5:30 and keep it up until I come get them out of the cage around 6:30. The birds outside get them started every morning :mad: