PDA

View Full Version : I Love Him, My Hubby May Have to Go

bellarains
06-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Yep,

I may have to throw my hubby over for another man. I went to a new bird store yesterday, and this little Sun Conure came running over to me, with that little toddler kind of walk, climbed right into my hand, ran up my arm, and snuggled up in my neck. Can you say, Ahhhhhhhh???? It was just the look of pure joy on his little face that made me fall head over heels instantly though, toooooo cute:)

For those who don't know, this is how Bela(my first lovie) captured my heart. I think I may have to go back by there today:happy:

Anyway, hubby said no more birds, but then again, he did ask if I was going to buy him. Maybe he can stay;)

Buy A Paper Doll
06-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Oh, Lori. You must have one of those signs, too! The sign that says SUCKER on your forehead. That little conure saw it, didn't he?

.... uh .... so when you gonna bring him home????

TGerard
06-05-2006, 11:28 AM
*In my best labored-breathing Darth Vadar voice*

The Force is strong in this one! Yes, let the Dark Side grow deeper within your heart! Muwahahahaha! :evil: :whistle:

LauraO
06-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Lori: I'm more worried about what Cappie has to say. Now if it was another GCC, then there would be a reason for the cute thing to come home:rolleyes: .

Remember, it's always easy to love the cute and cuddly ones, it's the ones with a bad history or behavior problems that are really special. You are such a great birdy mom, you would be a great home for a rehomed/rescued bird if you really decided to bring another birdy into your family:D .

butterfly1061
06-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Lori,

Whatcha gonna name him? :D

mjm8321
06-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Oh boy, a sun conure???? If you absolutely cannot resist his charms, be prepared with ear plugs. I find them absolutely gorgeous and charming, but LOUD! :lol

Janie
06-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Lori!!!! :D

I know it's tempting but would a Sun and a GCC get along as well as two GCC's? If you look real hard, bet you'll find a little GCC that will crawl up your arm and snuggle, too! :D What you really need to find it one that will crawl up Tim's arm and snuggle with him! ;)

Z28Taxman
06-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Well if Cappie doesn't like the sun conure you can send him up here (either one, take your pick! :whistle: )

I had a sun conure do that to me too. Barb had to drag me out of there without him. In hindsight, I shoulda took the bird. :lol

The 2 sun conures at the bird store now look like they want to hop right on me too if I got close enough.

bellarains
06-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Can't take my hubby there, he's a bigger sucker than I am for a bird that snuggles up. Of course you know all it would take was just the slightest indication that I could get him, and he'd be mine.

I was actually trying to see the little GCC that was with the little Sun, but the GCC would not come to me. The SC loved that little GCC though, and was hovering over him, and preening him like it was his baby. It was just too sweet. Janie's right though, I have to think of Cappie first. Party pooper Janie:p

Yep Jennifer, I do have that SUCKER sign on my forehead. Hubby says everybody sees it. I always stop to listen to anyone trying to sell anything, and he's always dragging me away:rolleyes:

Gotta be strong. Maybe I won't go back to that store for at least another week;)

shylevon
06-06-2006, 02:56 AM
Didn't you just have a birthday, dear? A belated present to yourself is in order, me thinks. And, if the sun conure is bonded to the green cheek, well, you will have to bring them both home, won't you?

bellarains
06-06-2006, 08:53 AM
I do have an extra cage, HMMMMMMM, maybe I will go back by there.

I actually already bought myself a birthday present, a few in fact. I won't go into any details, but Victoria's Secret is a little bit richer;) I have been a good girl, so maybe I deserve one more gift. OK, maybe two more gifts:lol

Angelwing
06-06-2006, 08:58 AM
What's two more birds. Just get them all ready. ;)