PDA

View Full Version : Dove Love

sdgilley
06-08-2006, 10:33 AM
I had a good laugh this morning and I wanted to share it with you!

On the way to work this morning, a mourning dove flew across the road and landed on the side, just on the road. SHE proceeded to present herself and zoom across to her flew a male. I had to swerve to avoid brushing them, right there in the road! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now that is some serious dove love!!!
:rofl: :rofl:

Janie
06-08-2006, 10:56 AM
:lol......they really do put on a good chase when it's this time of the year! Since all MoDo's look alike, I'm never sure who is chasing who! :D Probably just like human life.......him chasing her! :rofl:

bellarains
06-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Suzanne,

I guess that's what they mean by "In front of God and everybody":rofl:

sdgilley
06-08-2006, 01:22 PM
I was just a little shocked that in front of God and everybody was also in the street! I was also amused to see the presentation done by a MoDo (I like that Janie). Having a hen (who is once AGAIN on the nest) I recognized that presentation right away. The male didn't wait a second before he was there! I guess the early bird gets more than a lousy worm!:rofl:

mjm8321
06-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Oh this thread has made me giggle. Lately, I've seen far too many such presentations by the pigeons in downtown Portland. There have been some fine displays put on by the males, who get all fluffed up and strut, but the hens, it's the same "bottoms up" as the lovies. No shame on the pigeons either, right in the middle of the street or on the light rail tracks! :lol

Janie
06-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Suzanne, the first time someone on my wild bird forum said "MoDo" I really did laugh out loud and thought they'd coined that phrase. :D I didn't realize that most of our back yard birds go by the first two letters in their names....MOrning DOve, thus, MoDo! My beloved bluebirds are EABL, EAstern BLuebirds. :)