PDA

View Full Version : This is a great lovebird book for beginning lovebird owners

nanakai233
06-16-2006, 06:07 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/Holy_Skittles/lovebird_handbook.jpg

I just bought it earlier today, it has lots of information and it answers a lot of questions I still had. I'm only half way done reading it, and truely convinced I can take the best care of my birds. :)

Angelwing
06-16-2006, 06:31 PM
I have the other one by Barrons (Vriends)- Lovebirds the Complete Pet Owners Manuel. I also have the Coloured Atlas of Lovebirds, which is great for mutations. The manuel is a good read, but does not go into great detail, as it is a small book (I imagine your handbook is similar). While it is an asset, I'd also suggest seeking other resources as well (this website, breeders, etc.).

Janie
06-16-2006, 07:28 PM
I have that book (The Lovebird Handbook) and love it! I still refer to it sometimes and read it from cover to cover about 10 times when I first got Oliver. It's one that we often recommend on the forum. :)

BarbieH
06-16-2006, 07:32 PM
I wish I had a picture of the first lovebird book I ever bought. It was from the pet store where we got the cage, food, toys, etc.

Gracie shredded the cover. :D

butterfly1061
06-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Yep, got it :D

Barb, Gracie wanted to be on the cover :whistle:

lovebird_lover101
06-16-2006, 09:00 PM
I have that book only it is for finches. Another great lovebird book is called An Owner's Guide to A Happy Healthy Pet:The Lovebird. It covers all the aspects except breeding. It even has backgrounds on the main lovebird breeds. The book is by Pam Higdon. Everytime I read it I learn something new8)

bellarains
06-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Yep,

Got it, and reccomend to anyone getting a lovebird. Well, that book, and this forum:)

Kathryn
06-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Yes, Have it and 6 others. But find the Forum is the BEST!! :D