PDA

View Full Version : popsicle stixs story

wilkiecoco
06-28-2006, 02:27 PM
hi, i just have to share this story with you, especially Dave the Taxman.
I order the stixs from Global pets, (thanks again for the heads up!) paid the extremely high shipping charges to canada, (nothing but the best for Kiwi :lol ) and recieved the package yesterday. I was so excited, and opened the box right away with anticipation of his delight at seeing a new toy.

I took out the stixs, gorgeous in an array of colors, offered him assorted options and..............he turned his nose/beak away, went right for the tag attached and the plastic bag they came in!!!:evil: He must have played with them (under careful supervision of course) for one hour. Please remember, I did not pay for the bag and tag, I paid for the STIXS!!!!! :rolleyes:

Today I decided to try my old stand by when I want him to try something new. I took one stick for me, and chewed on it like crazy. He became instantly curious and had to have one IMMEDIATELY! ;) he is hooked!!

that is one of many things i love about kiwi and lovebirds in general - they are unpredictable and insanely curious. he had me on stitches for the last two days. :rofl:

shylevon
06-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Just don't get a subscription to 'Chip Forks'. They come in bags of 10,000 at a time. The label on that bag is probably pretty interesting too, mind you.

If you are interested in Canadian sites...
www.birdyboredombusters.com
www.chewzybeaks.com
www.parrotdiseperch.com

wilkiecoco
06-28-2006, 07:08 PM
thanks for the sites - if I can pay canadian dollars and shipping, just think how much more I can buy Kiwi :rofl:

Z28Taxman
06-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Ditto loves his sticks!

Buy A Paper Doll
06-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Welcome to the world of lovebird ownership... I spend $50 at the pet store for treats and toys. I spread out the loot on the coffee table for the birds to behold. What do they choose to play with first? A piece of paper sitting on the table ... a pillow on the sofa ... the remote control...

wilkiecoco
06-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Shy,

Thanks for the bird toy sites in Canada - I went to Chewzybeaks, and of course found a million things I wanted to buy, and in fact did buy :blush: It was a lot cheaper for shipping, and they had some great items. Of course, Kiwi has to make the final decision :rofl:

shylevon
06-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Glad you liked it. They have some great shreddable toys in the All Natural section. Good prices too, compared to the stores, anyway.

Hope your birdie likes all the purchases.