PDA

View Full Version : 'nother Indy Update

Kumashe
06-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Indy's doing great as of now. In fact, his fear of me lessens everyday. A couple days ago, he ventured onto my lap to get at some millet and stuck around for a while. I was able to pet him for a bit while he ate the millet. He didn't seem to notice. He comes out of his cage more readily now and expects to come out of the cage as soon as I get home. His fear of hands has lessened considerably. He waddles over to me to nibble at it.

Today, he was scambling all over me to get at my old gameboy and stood on my hand. He tried to climb the front of my sweatshirt but I made him get down. I'm not ready to get his beak so close to my face yet. Suprisingly, I'm getting used to his pinching of my hands. I just grit my teeth and take it, letting him know when it gets too hard with a stern voice. He flys at my head alot, I'm not sure if he's trying to land on it. I'm just glad he's beginning to trust me. :)

Venoma
06-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Congratulations :) I lurked a bit and read a lot about your trials with Indy - so rewarding to see the fruit of your labors.. Just wait, a velcro birdie might be in your future ;)

bellarains
06-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Sounds like you are making great progress. Way TO GO!!!!

Kumashe
07-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Velcro birdie? I wish... >o