PDA

View Full Version : Is this nesting behaviour?

goldnyght
07-02-2006, 11:39 PM
The past few days, wheneverr I've taken Pete out and let him run around on me (for lack of time to finish building his gym, I'm the walking talking tasty gym) he has been pulling threads off my shirt, trying to get paper strips (I think. He's been biting them at least) and then carrying everything down into my...>o Well, my bra. I think he's nesting in my bra :omg:

Do I have a Petra instead of a Pete? Is this nesting or just something else weird?

Timmy
07-03-2006, 12:46 AM
Hi there. If Pete tucks in the strings beneath his (or her) rump, then Pete may probably be a Petra.

goldnyght
07-03-2006, 01:45 AM
Well, he (she?) hasn't tucked them into his rump: he's just been sitting tucked under my shirt and plucking them off the collar and then putting them under him and kind of fluffing them

Timmy
07-03-2006, 03:09 AM
Well maybe Pete is just in a very playful mood. :)

I have had a few hand fed lovies that keeps on fiddling with my shirt collar, not to mention nibbling on my ears.

graushill
07-03-2006, 06:35 AM
Hi Goldnyght,

Peter is still quite young, isn't he? I mean when you got him he still had black on his beak? I'm sorry, I just seem to remember that I thought Pete looked quite young in the pictures you posted. In any case, if Pete is around 4-5 months old, from my experience, he would be a bit too young to exhibit sexual-related behaviour, so I would tend to agree with Timmy that he's probably just being playful, and what you have seen up to now wouldn't be a sure sign of him being a Petra. However, I gotta say that from your description it does sound like you could have a little hen on your hands. However, I think it will be easier to tell for sure once Peter becomes an adult/lays an egg/gets DNA'd, whichever comes first :).

Gloria