PDA

View Full Version : Nooo! Ditto don't learn to make that sound...

Z28Taxman
07-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Well, Ditto has apparantly decided that speaking sparrow, house wren and house finch aren't enough for him.

Today there was a bluejay in a tree across the street letting out that bluejay scream. I was walking to my parents house at the time but I could distinctly hear Ditto's sparrow chirps stop and an attempt at the bluejay scream come from inside the house. :eek:

LauraO
07-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Don't they just know which sounds make us cringe and work as hard as they can to master them. At least Ditto isn't a grey. My Mijo has done the unthinkeable and started mimicking this totally annoying sigh my husband makes when he's agitated. I try to ignore it cause I'm hoping he'll move past it and get back to his much more entertaining flatulant sounds he makes8o 8o .

Z28Taxman
07-04-2006, 07:48 PM
I actually like bluejay sounds... when they're outside!

A flatulent parrot? Must be the chili's! :evil:

BarbieH
07-05-2006, 08:16 AM
I don't think I'd like a Blue Jay inside, either. :x But what a clever boy Ditto is! :D

Gracie makes a noise that sounds like a cross between a belch and a loud snore. She uses it to call back to either a belch or a loud snore -- it's hilarious!

shylevon
07-05-2006, 02:03 PM
HAA HAA HAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAAHAAAA.

Next will be raven, crow, and magpie.

Keep up the good work, Ditto. You will be highly rewarded for your linguistic abilities. The louder the better.

Z28Taxman
07-05-2006, 02:14 PM
I'll be impressed if he manages to learn magpie. That would take some incredible hearing since they live over 2000 miles away! ;) :p

He tried to sing robin songs. Sounded more like a cat in a blender. :x

Kathryn
07-05-2006, 08:47 PM
My little flock has learned to mimic the barn swallows that have a nest in the eaves and American yellow finches that flit around the feeders as well as purple martins that sing from their nesting pole. When they all get going, it is a real feather chorus.

Cooper
07-06-2006, 08:25 PM
We've got a lot of crows at our new house, that could be interesting. So far Cooper's most get under your skin imitation is the alarm clock...beebeebeep beebeebeep beebeebeep!! She does it so well thoughl.

Keltoth
07-06-2006, 08:41 PM
I'll be impressed if he manages to learn magpie. That would take some incredible hearing since they live over 2000 miles away! ;) :p

He tried to sing robin songs. Sounded more like a cat in a blender. :x

Bring him out to Utah for a couple weeks on vacation; we've got more magpies than we have Mormons this year (now THAT'S alot of magpies! :lol )...

-Eric

Z28Taxman
07-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Bring him out to Utah for a couple weeks on vacation; we've got more magpies than we have Mormons this year (now THAT'S alot of magpies! :lol )...

-Eric

Kinda like here. We've got more sparrows than Amish.:rofl:

lovebird_lover101
07-06-2006, 10:46 PM
For awhile my Bart tried miminking my guinea pigs. Lets just say Im glad that didnt last long:lol I felt sorry for my piggies they stopped talking and I thought they were sick. Good thing I got another lovie otherwise I dont know what I would do:rofl:

BarbieH
07-07-2006, 07:12 AM
I guess we don't need to worry about offending any Amish members ... ;)

Z28Taxman
07-07-2006, 12:19 PM
I guess we don't need to worry about offending any Amish members ... ;)

I don't think their buggies have net access! :whistle:

shylevon
07-07-2006, 12:21 PM
OK Ditto, Aunty Shy is sending over some magpies. They will arrive in a big box in about ten days. Open the box quickly, and then get the heck out of the way, cause they's gonna be hungry and a little lovie might make a very good snack for a magpie that has been in a box for ten days.

They will teach you how to speak magpie real well, and remember, the louder the better.

Z28Taxman
07-07-2006, 12:26 PM
OK Ditto, Aunty Shy is sending over some magpies. They will arrive in a big box in about ten days. Open the box quickly, and then get the heck out of the way, cause they's gonna be hungry and a little lovie might make a very good snack for a magpie that has been in a box for ten days.

They will teach you how to speak magpie real well, and remember, the louder the better.

Cool send 'em on down. I could use some new friends since daddy can't put the falcons on the 'puter thingy any more. I was learning to talk to them too. Them's big birdies!

Ditto.