PDA

View Full Version : Visit to the breeder!

Bekah
07-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Hi I just wanted to say that today I am able to meet up with the breeder and check out the babies. She said i could take them out and play with them. I even get to choose one and leave a deposit for the one i want. So she will hold them. They should be done weaned within the week, but I am planning not to get it until 2 weeks from now. I am so excited. ;) If you look at her website Sophiessweeties.com there are pictures of the babies. I woulld want the yellow one. I cannot wait!! =D

Keltoth
07-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Cute baby, and it sounds like you've found an exceptional breeder! Make sure you let her know how much you appreciate all her help and consideration; breeders come in all shapes and sizes, and when you find one that not only welcomes you into their aviary but also allows you to interact and play with the unweaned chicks until you find the one you want, you want to treasure that breeder and develop a great relationship with them. That kind of allowance and consideration is something that you just will not find in almost any petstore-type business and even among some breeders. Anytime you get to see firsthand the operating conditions of a breeding aviary - large OR small - you get a fairly good idea of exactly what type of environment from which this chick is coming. Consequently, some breeders don't want you to see the conditions in which they operate because they know they are not running a clean, responsible aviary and they know that if you see that their operations leave much to be desired, you will not purchase from them.

I'm very excited for you; I hope you have a good digital camera so you can share pictures with us when you bring your bird home! :happy:

-Eric

bellarains
07-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Bekah,

Sophie indeed looks like a wonderful breeder. I know you must be very excited about bringing your little one home. You have done very well in educating yourself before doing so, and now you can have everything set up right when you do get him/her home.

Keep us updated:)

Bekah
07-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Thank you Lori, I have been doing my research and now I know so much about them! I just got back from seeing Sophia. She was a very nice Lady. When I saw the birds they just stole my heart!! When I was playing with them they would crawl all over me chirpping. They were sooooooooooooooooooo adorable I could not choose. I ended up picking a Dutch Blue. He was green opf course. He was like the difffernt one of the flock. He was so sweet so I chose him. I will be getting him in about 2 weeks. I do have a digiatl camera so I will get pics.=D

Janie
07-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Bekah, congratulations! You chose the one that chose you! I've heard that is a good way to decide! :D Can't wait to see photos! :)

LauraO
07-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Bekah, congratulations! You chose the one that chose you! I've heard that is a good way to decide! :D Can't wait to see photos! :)

I'm with Janie, it's great that you let the lovie pick you instead of going for the one that is the prettiest. Of course, I think dutch blues are beautiful. I have two of those along with two cobalt seagreens.

Good luck and thanks for sharing with us. I can't wait to hear about all your adventures once your little friend comes home :D .

Bekah
07-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Yeah when I was looking at the website before I got a chance to see them. I wasnt really as interested in the one i picked out then the other ones. But when i was playing with him there was just a click. I fell in Love with him. He was on me playing with me the whole time and he seemed to like me alot. And he is a real gorgeous bird. The breeder Sophia, said after his molt his face will turn white. I think that will look soooooooooooo pretty!! I am glad that i found one that found me!