PDA

View Full Version : So I left for a day?

p3rr4n
05-31-2005, 08:38 AM
Hi!

Missed everyone!

Last we saw each other I was preparing for a 14 hour trip, and upon my return I found myself in an adventure I couldn’t have anticipated.

As some of you know, Karen and I stepped out of town for a night last week and I was stressing over leaving Trixie Bunny, even if it was for only 18 or 20 hours.

For 3 days before we left, in preparation for "baby sitting" my Trixie Bunny, our neighbor came over each day and spent some time with Trixie so while we were away Trixie would know her and hopefully not stress.

The day before we left our neighbor even came over at Trixies bedtime and helped me put her to bed so hopefully Trixie wouldn’t freak out while we were away when our neighbor would put her to bed while we were away.

I am glad to say that it went really well. :)

Looking back, it was a great move to introduce them and let them warm up to each other.

So for all the new lovie owners, if you can introduce your lovie to its caregiver if you should have to leave or go out of town, it will probably be a great move.

Our neighbor repeated Trixie's bedtime ritual and things went really smoothly for them.

When I got home I discovered that Trixie was fine (I was back in time to get her out of bed) and boy was she happy to see me! You have never seen so many snuggles and kisses. It really warmed my heart.

Our neighbor said that Trixie accepted her temporary bed time assignment wonderfully, and even did the little things (like ride up the stairs on her cage and give kisses before nighty night time, and stretch towards her nighty night cage door when it was time to go in) that Trixie would have done if it were me putting her to bed.

What I did not know was that I had a network meltdown on my home network.

I ended up having to buy all new parts and build a new computer, fix 2 of the computers I already had, expand my network with a machine that was being VERY difficult, reconfigure my network and I am still fighting things, but at least I am back up and running!

To make it worse, I ended up getting sick for my vacation *sigh*, but hey, everything happens for a reason right? ;)

We missed everyone and I want to thank everyone for teaching me so much. I used that knowledge to help Trixie and I while we were away and it turned out really well. Once again, you helped Trixie have a happy life and I am indebted to you :)

bellarains
05-31-2005, 09:05 AM
Perran,

Of course we missed you too :) Glad you are back, and your trip went well. It is awesome you have a neighbor that is so good with Trixie. That makes things so much better when they can stay at home in their famiar surroundings. I wish I were as lucky, but most everyone I know is a little leary of my fids. I don't know why????? :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you are having so many technical difficuties, but I'm sure with your knowledge you will have all up and running properly in no time.

Take care of that cold.