PDA

View Full Version : Update on lovebirds sharing a cage

margemcsimpson
07-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Hi Guys, just thought i would update you on my lovebird situation. I had the birds in separate cages for a couple of months and they sat next to each other at the same perch level each in their own cage. I was letting them out to fly about together and they got on well, so i tried them out in the same cage. They have been together for about 3 weeks now. They have the odd disagreement where there they chase one another around the cage usually through jealousy when a human is about, but i am pleased to notice that tonight they both played with the same toy and have been sitting closer together (not totally next to one another, but definately not far away), i was wondering what it mean if they rub their beaks on their perch? if anyone knows post a reply, thanks.

butterfly1061
07-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Rubbing beaks on the perch usually is "trimming" for them. Do you have a sanded perch of some kind or lava rock? This helps keep the beak and nails trim so they don't over grow. Mine will do this on all their perches. Sometimes I watch mine and think they do this to clean the beak too. Lots of different reasons, but I think this is the main reason. :2cents: