PDA

View Full Version : Do lovebirds forget?

DeepLikeNin
07-14-2006, 12:21 AM
Hi everyone -- big concern of mine, no matter how stupid it seems ... I may be out of town indefinitely (3 weeks to 3 months or more) early next year. I'm worried Mercuri will forget me while I'm gone (she'll be 2 years old when I leave). Anyone have any clue? Thanks! ~Cerissa

butterfly1061
07-14-2006, 09:52 AM
I know this has been brought up before, but I can't remember (no pun intended) what the answer was. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer this for you. I'd like to be refreshed with this too. :)

BarbieH
07-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Nope, they don't forget. :) I know Linda has had experience with this. Shoot, we only had Gracie for a week before we had to leave for a planned vacation. When we came back, we got the prettiest little tail flutters from her -- and that was only after we owned her for a week!

If you do a Google search for parrots and memories, I'll bet you will find a lot of interesting stories.

Best wishes,

LauraO
07-14-2006, 12:09 PM
In my experience birds don't forget but there is an adjustment period when you are reintroduced. It's not like a dog who runs up to you and wags his/her tail and jumps all over you. When I had my Chopper, who was my best birdy friend of all time, I was gone for six weeks. When I came home he was a little standoffish for an hour or so but then he was his little velcro self after that:) .