PDA

View Full Version : So tempting

Mandolin
07-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Oh my gosh.... had to share :eek:. In the buy and sell here i found an ad for a 16 year old Amazon, fully tamed, great with kids, loves car rides, talks with cage and toys included for $500 to a good home :eek: :eek: :eek: . Soooooooo tempting!!! I would be so scared that Kameko would hate me for bringing another bird home to live in my room with us. She gets very jealous. But a cage alone is almost $500 that can hold a bird that size let alone one that is already trained *sigh*

Emery
07-15-2006, 06:55 PM
I agree. Extremely tempting. I saw a couple of Blue-Fronted at a pet store near me recently and I got the temptation. They were so cute. :)

linda040899
07-15-2006, 08:24 PM
I have a female BFA (Alex) and I just love her!! She's 9 and a living doll! I wasn't too happy tonight when I caught her raiding the new batch of fresh figs that I had just picked for my Abbys. My fault, of course, as I left them on the counter so she considered them fair game! The way to an Amazon's heart is right through the crop/stomach!!! :lol

Rubygem
07-15-2006, 09:50 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jeanette

graushill
07-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Ooohh, lucky you! Amazons are really nice and one that is tame can be lots of fun :). Besides, at 16 years I think hormonal behaviours are not as pronounced as when they are younger, while the bird is still quite young. I've heard that amazons can live 50 years or more. In my family we have one that is 25 years and still going strong :).

chris_lynn
07-19-2006, 02:23 PM
i think i can up that there was a hand taim sun conure who is 5 years old her owner has to get rid of her because she was moving . now get this the bird comes with a HUUUUUUGGGGEEEEE cage lik 5 foot byt 4 foot and the price for bird a cage together was $450 the picture was to die for

LauraO
07-19-2006, 04:16 PM
While the ad does seem tempting, I would personally be skeptical cause it's sounds too good to be true:confused: .

linda040899
07-19-2006, 05:11 PM
The verifyably oldest Amazon died about 6-7 yrs ago in Alaska. The bird was 109........

Mandolin
07-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Yeah i am not going to buy the Amazon. I think poor Kameko would be too upset with me for buyng another bird right now, especially one thats bigger than her :lol. Can't help but think about how cool it would be and with such a great deal. But yeah... i was skeptical too... seems a little too good to be true. Is tame really "tame"?