PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about changing my carrier...

Kumashe
07-25-2006, 10:32 PM
I love the carrier I got a petco. Its big, plastic, easy to clean... however it isn't very easy for me to carry even though it has a shoulder strap. I'm thinking of ordering this carrier cage online: http://www.petabbey.com/store-products-Pet-Carriers-and-Carseats-other-pet-carriers-fs-adventure-pack-bird-carrier-Adventue-Pack-Pet-Carrier153;_19220739.html

I have found it on many different sites but this seems to have it listed for the lowest price.

shylevon
07-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Are you looking for a carrier to take your birdie outside in? Or just a smaller cage for vet visits and such? These are great for hiking with birdie, but it seems expensive if you are just looking for a small cage for car trips.

The bar spacing is good, and it seems sturdy enough. See if you can get info on how the bottom tray is attached. I say this because we have had members who were taking their birds outside, (in normal house cages) when the bottom of the cage came loose and dropped right off allowing birdies to escape. Be watchful of that.

Kumashe
07-25-2006, 11:25 PM
It would be to take him outside, around the town and such. I wouldn't only use it for car trips...

Eliza
07-26-2006, 06:59 PM
Looks roomy enough, IMHO.

I'd imagine that it might be suitable for an overnight cage, if the situation arose.

Let us know how you make out,

-e-