PDA

View Full Version : No longer with us

lilycoco
07-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Hi all,

I wanted to let you know that I have downsized my flock. Ibai has gone to a new family where he will get more attention than what I was giving him. I am very happy to see that her new owner has become a member of this forum. I am still sad about not having him around but I liked his new family very much and believe he will get the attention he deserves. It was a hard decision for me to do, still is, but his new family is really caring. And she is going to keep in touch, so I am glad about that.

kimsbirds
07-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Ahh, yes:( This is a hard decision to make. I'm glad that you found someone to take Ibai who will care for her as you have. It's not easy to admit we've got too much going in our lives, but at least you didn't let your bird go without the proper attention:) Best of Luck to Ibai in her new home, will you be able to get updates on the adjustment ?
Best wishes,
Kimmie

linda040899
07-26-2006, 11:13 PM
Hi Pollyanna,
Sometimes the decisions made in the best interest of the bird are the hardest ones we will have to make. It's a good thing that Ibai will be getting more attention and I hope this works out best for all concerned. I'm glad to hear that her new owner has joined us!

lilycoco
07-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Thanks guys for your words. I have been tempted to take him back several times this day but I believe he really will be much better in his new family. The new owner is going to keep me updated on his adjustment so that is really neat. (thanks Tammy!!!)
but yes today i cried a little. then of course i had to rush to do some errands with baby and realized again this was a correct decision.

bellarains
07-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Pollyanna,

I believe the sacrifice you made is a true testament of how much you love Ibai. I know Tammy is going to love him very much, and am thrilled she has joined our flock here.

((((HUGS)))) I know it wasn't an easy decision, but it was made from the heart, so it has to be right.

Janie
07-27-2006, 08:11 AM
Pollyanna,

That had to be a very hard decision but the right one for Ibai. If my Oliver's former owner had not decided that giving him up (to me) was the best choice for him, I'd never have had this wonderful little lovie in my life. I know it was the best thing that ever happened to Oliver, too. :D It's wonderful that you found someone who will open their home and heart to him. :)

Kiwi'smom
07-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Sorry you had to make this decision. It is a hard one. But you did the right thing. Hugs.
Josie