PDA

View Full Version : We are off to Maine tonight!

KiwiMango
07-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Mango and Kodiak are taking their first loooong trip to Maine tonight. I couldn't bare being away from them for 10 days so of course they are coming with me this time. Even I can't keep my birdies apart from the wonderful scenes and the clean air of Maine:) This should be an easy trip for them since my brother and I are driving up together overnight in one car with the birdies while the rest of the gang drives up during the day. Imagine...2 bird cages, 1 puppy, 4 adults and our entire luggage in one car for 9 hours? The two of them have been nicely sleeping together in their large cozi which will help keep them secure during the trip in their carrier together. I'll let you know how it all goes including pictures. Everyone enjoy the week!:happy:

Bekah
07-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Wow that sounds sooo fun and crowded lol. My mom would never let me bring my bird on a road trip anywhere. :(. Well hope the Maine trip goes well and your birdies will take the car ride good! :D

Lovebirds1578
07-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Maine is a beautiful place. We have a nice little cottage up on a hill that looks out to beautiful mountains and a lake across the street. So peaceful up there. We will be taking Houdini with us when we go up on August 11th. I am so excited, i love it up there, the whole family will be with us and we'll have tons of fun like every year. Have a safe trip and a fun one at that!!

-Ben

KiwiMango
07-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Maine is a beautiful place. We have a nice little cottage up on a hill that looks out to beautiful mountains and a lake across the street. So peaceful up there. We will be taking Houdini with us when we go up on August 11th. I am so excited, i love it up there, the whole family will be with us and we'll have tons of fun like every year. Have a safe trip and a fun one at that!!

-Ben

Yes I love Maine, every summer since I was one I spent my summers there. My whole family is from Sanford and Portland. I try to get up there at least twice a year to visit everyone. This year its back to one of my favorite lakes, beside Sebago, Mousam Lake has awesome fishing so I rented a house right on the water. Ahhh can't wait for that feeling of nostalgia! Cross my fingers to catch the big ones:)

Lovebirds1578
07-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Oh wow your close!! Our cottage is in Stoneham Maine, and we go through sanford to get to stoneham. Very Nice. Yeah we go swimming in the lake like 2-3 times a day and just enjoy each others company as well as DSL haha :whistle: We also will head into conway and shop and go to the restaurant and store down the street and just relax and find stuff to do. It brings back so many memories and i'm dying to go!! Aug. 11! :D have fun and like you said, good luck catching the big ones!!

-Ben

mjm8321
07-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Enjoy your trip and please, eat a Lobsta for me :D . Even better, a lobster roll! Oh man, I'm getting hungry and missing the east coast seafood something bad.

Venoma
07-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Whistle cross the border at New Brunswick for me if you would - I miss home :)

Oh, and eat some blueberries!

Janie
07-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Have a great trip! I'm so glad you are able to take your lovies! :D

bellarains
07-27-2006, 05:02 PM
I hope you and your menagerie have a wonderful trip. Traveling at night will definitely make things a bit easier:)

Pop in when you return.