PDA

View Full Version : Help Peteys acting strange.

Bekah
07-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Ok well, I have had Petey for a week yesterday and he has been acting different. He has been biting more(Nibbling) He is even more scared then he was a few days ago. I would put millet(or mainly anything in from of him) up to him for to eat and he would go insane he would fly away. I would have to put it up to him really slow. Just mainly he has been acting different. Is this just a stage he is going through or am I doing something wrong? It is really starting to freak me out if I am doing something wrong. I want to fix it.

Oh and another thing he does. When I am away from the cage he will screech and screem to get out of the cage. Is that a bad thing or does he just want more attention? I mean I give him all the attention he needs. I do not know if the screeching is bad I just want to make sure.

bellarains
07-30-2006, 10:25 AM
Bekah,

You may have just scared him a little bit. Spend some time just sitting calmly by his cage, talking softly to him. Give him a day or two and try putting your hand in the cage again. When you do this, do it slowly, and if he freaks out, take it out, and try again later.

Sometimes when they get startled, they just need a little time to regain that trust. He's still in a new environment, so just give him a little space to settle in.