PDA

View Full Version : Consistant chirping?

rigidneophyte
08-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Is it a good thing when Rebel continously talks when im in the room? maybe even when Im not there? If i go over to him he shuts up. but when Im sitting on my bed, like now, he's just chirping away!

bellarains
08-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Yep,

It's a good thing, in fact, try chirping back. When you communicate with him in his own language it helps him to see you as part of his flock, so chirp away:)

Lindades264
08-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Hi,

Your bird believes you are part of his flock. Birds in the wild always acknowledge one another when they have been away and return to the flock. Say 'hi Rebel' or something like that whenever you enter the room. Yes, it is a good thing - your bird wants your attention. Just talk to him/her. If you are reading in your room, try reading out loud. Hope this helps.

Janie
08-08-2006, 06:26 PM
My three always chirp when I come into their room and I chirp right back to them. The more verbal they get, the more verbal I get. It's a blast and fortunately noise is not an issue with me. I love to hear them all going full speed ahead. The louder the better. :D

Tango's_Mom
08-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Hi,
If you are reading in your room, try reading out loud. Hope this helps.

I did this with Tango when I first got him, the girl at the petstore advised that I sit near his cage and just talk to him for a while to get him used to me, I figured reading to him would give me something to say besides "who's a pretty birdy" over and over (not that he hasn't heard that repeatedly), and after a little while he would sit and watch me, and tilt his head from side to side, like he was listening, it took Tango about a month to get used to me, but he was from a pet store that continued hand feeding after the birds were weaned off formula, the girl said that they were usually eating completely on their own by 4.5 months, so they got daily handling to that point and Tango was 5 to 6 months old when I got him, so he may have been less afraid of people to begin with.

Janie
08-08-2006, 06:34 PM
When I first adopted Oliver, I sat by his cage and read The Lovebird Hand Book. I learned about lovebirds and he learned the sound of my voice. :D