PDA

View Full Version : NEW LOVE BIRD HELP PLZ.

LaxIsForMo90
08-10-2006, 01:15 PM
so i got a new love bird today from the pet store. Hes scared of me though. i want to know how to begin taming him. what i should do. thx

mjm8321
08-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Hi and Welcome!

First thing you'll need to do is....read! :lol There's literally a ton of information on this board and if you check the Resource Library as well as reading the Care and Behavior & Training Sections, you'll find answers to things you didn't even think about asking about. ;)

It's goign to take time for your new addition to get settled in. Many times on day 1, it's best to just let them sit somewhere quiet to take everything in.

Lindades264
08-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Hi,

Welcome. Glad you got your new bird today. One thing you need to know is that Lovebirds are very social. You will need to talk with your bird several times a day in a calming voice. Lovebirds are also very playful, so you will need several toys to keep you birds amused. Keep the dishes above or away from perches in order that the food and water stay clean. With a bit of time your bird will become familiar with you and you with him/her. Don't worry about rushing this, it takes time. Also, give your bird a variety of grains and vegetables. You can read up on what to avoid. The site www.parrotparrot.com has very good information about lovebirds as well. So spend some time reading the various topics. Best of luck.

Janie
08-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Try this: Go to your "search" feature at the top of the page and put "taming lovebirds" in that and hit "Go" and you'll come up with several threads that will help. Good luck! :)