PDA

View Full Version : Indy's not a baby anymore...

Kumashe
08-14-2006, 08:19 PM
While I was getting my school stuff ready for tomorrow, I looked up to see Indy "rocking" on his rope perch. It kind of took me by suprise. I mean I was prepared for it to happen someday, but... yeah. Would this be considered male or female sexual behavior? I'm begining to lean toward Indy being a female now...

bellarains
08-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Actually it's more a male behavior, but there are hens who do the "rocking" too, so it's not a given.

Yep, sounds like Indy has reached sexual maturity. You want to make sure you keep his "object" of choice cleaned well, as he may also gack to it, as well as "rock" on it;)

Janie
08-14-2006, 10:12 PM
I have three males ( I think! ) and only one of the two younger "boys" displays affection for objects on a daily (hourly) basis. That would be Shy. :D Oliver, I think, is past his prime at ten years old but Big Boi is the same age as Shy and has never humped a single thing that I know of. He is a DNA'd male, same as Shy but he is not interested in anything that I know of. :D Keeps me guessin'......hopefully "he" will not start shredding and tucking! :whistle:

Good luck with school starting tomorrow! Better you than me! :lol

Purpose By Design
08-14-2006, 10:56 PM
yeah i remember when Sydney did that,i could'nt stop laughing.

Janie
08-15-2006, 01:01 PM
yeah i remember when Sydney did that,i could'nt stop laughing.

:lol.....me too, it cracks me up! My youngest son (20) won't look and in the beginning my hubby also turned his head figuring that Shy needed privacy but now, like me, he looks and laughs! :D

Kumashe
08-15-2006, 08:54 PM
I feel bad for laughing about it, but I can't help it. He took me by suprise.

LauraKGN
08-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Tobey suprised me the other day by doing the same thing w/ his "cuddle buddy" :rofl:

KedaDibandion
08-26-2006, 09:07 PM
My girlie bird has a jingly ball toy and a ping pong ball that she goes back and forth with. Sometimes when she feels like laying a clutch, the ping pong ball is the daddy -- sometimes it's the jingly ball. (scandalous!)

linda040899
08-26-2006, 09:16 PM
I've been breeding lovebirds since 1990 and I've seen this behavior countless number of times. Mostly it's males but I've seen females do it, as well. The only lovebirds I have that have never displayed the self-satisfaction behavior are my Abyssinians. This topic has been discussed numerous times in this community but that thought hadn't entered my mind until just this evening!

Janie
08-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Linda, that is very interesting. Wonder why????

As of this week, my late bloomer Big Boi finally joined the ranks of puberty and he really is making up for lost time! :lol When I walk into their room now I find him on one birdie buddy having the time of his life and Shy on the other one, doing the same. :D Oliver seems to be perplexed by it all! :lol

It went on for so long this morning that I had to to get out the camcorder! :whistle:

Kathryn
08-27-2006, 02:05 PM
:happy: It's a good thing birdies don't get complexes from being laughed at and videoed "doing their thing":whistle:

Janie
08-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Kathryn, I promise you that I would not do that to my human kids! :rofl: