PDA

View Full Version : Oliver's in love....

Janie
08-16-2006, 05:29 PM
I am stunned! I went to the bird room to put the boys away today because I was leaving. Oliver and SHY, yep, Shy, not Big Boi, were up on the ceiling fan. I could hear Shy doing his clicky/clicky noise and he was scratching that cheek and turning in circles like a mad man. Then....he mounted Oliver!:eek: :eek: :eek: I was ready to step up on a chair to "save" Oliver from that sinful bird and at one point Oliver fell off (and flew) the fan but immediately went back to the fan, and to Shy and another mount!! I could not believe my eyes! Shy was gacking his little heart out and Oliver was right there, flirting like a youngster! This went on for so long that I had time to get my camcorder and get a lot of it on tape. Finally Shy flew off to one of the boings hanging from the ceiling and Oliver flew right after him and every time Shy few to another perch, so did Oliver! :lol Shy started climbing up the leather strips hanging from the ceiling and, a first, Oliver climbed right up after him! :D Oliver has never climbed up anything! There is no doubt that if only for a few minutes, Oliver fell in love today! :D I kept telling Shy that if Oliver lays an egg, he'd better watch out! :whistle:

Poor little Big Boi has been gacking to Oliver for months and doing everything he could to win his affections but Oliver snubs his gestures. BB is not into the humping thing and I guess Oliver was more interested in a birdie that is more advanced! :rofl:

butterfly1061
08-16-2006, 06:14 PM
:rofl: Janie, I would've loved to have seen the look on your face :rofl: Little Oliver is getting lovin' back in the prime of his life :D When Molly & Piper started doing this, it took me a while to get use to it. I kept trying to separate them and then I just gave in and they are so happy. Oliver has really ventured out, hasn't he? That's soooo sweet. Poor little Big Boi left out in the cold :( You'll have to find another for him. Hey, wanna borrow Olivia? :whistle:

Janie
08-16-2006, 06:30 PM
Hey, wanna borrow Olivia?

:eek: :eek: :eek: Can't you just imagine the war zone I'd have if I added a hen to the mix? :lol I called my hubby on my way out the door and was babbling about the whole thing and he kept asking me if I was sure that Shy didn't hurt Oliver! :D There is no doubt that Oliver was soliciting and I say, "better late than never!" :happy:

bellarains
08-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Janie,

I am soooooo happy for Oliver. Even if it is a boy/boy relationship, he has love from his own kind. I'm just shocked it is Shy:lol

Z28Taxman
08-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Janie,

I am soooooo happy for Oliver. Even if it is a boy/boy relationship, he has love from his own kind. I'm just shocked it is Shy:lol

Well, maybe Oliver really is Olivia! :evil:

mjm8321
08-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Well alright Oliver! Good things do happen to those that wait! 10 years and he finally gets a boyfriend! :D :D What happens when Oliver lays an egg? :rofl: :rofl:

Janie
08-16-2006, 10:08 PM
What happens when Oliver lays an egg?

Scrambled eggs! YUMYUM! :rofl:

Lori, me, too! I am so happy he's finally having a birdie experience! I could never give him what he really wants! :whistle: